A Basenji, a Volcano & a Clown Car

• @jengosmonkey
    Congratulations! Your family and Logan were meant to be - I feel Jengo had his “paw” involved in this match - he’s watching over you from above. He wants another basenji to experience the same great life he had with you! BTW- Love the “LASER EYES”! Lol! 😍

• yeah... I suspected Logan would become a permanent family member for you. Congrats all around! ... and good luck with the squirrel theory. Not so sure about that.. 😉

• That's great news for you both. Well done Stella !

• Great thread.

in case anyone does a poll, I hate flexis. I have a Gentle leader. I used it one week. I'm waiting for someone who can use it. It is great for many, just not me.

I love harnesses in the right situation and right dog. I'm sorry, but once trained, I really don't need to control the head of a 20 to even 50 pound dog. Even in my advancing age I can stop or
    turn one. I've had rescues that collars loaded them and training with a harness worked well. I slowly reintroduced collars.

I cannot stand pulling. I teach loose leash from the beginning. Pulling equals stopping. Even semi-ferrel dogs learn that fast.

I am not able to let a dog off-leash in an unfenced area. I just can't. I personally know several people who lost and never recovered their dogs. I realized long ago my heart can't take it. I know the odds are low. But I can't.

• I hate flexies too which is why I use a gentle leader as a training tool. Mku runs free as all mine have until we are a couple of hundred yards from the carpark.

But I don't trust cars which come in and leave at speed and my new knee is still too new to cope with being pulled.

He is learning and sometimes I get away with just attaching his lead to his collar.

Horses for courses.

Suggested Topics