New puppy, suddenly peeing a lot.

• @donc OK, yes, I agree entirely - hadn't thought about the need for the more accurate, invasive, test for UTI in puppies. Its not something I've ever had to do / have done. Thanks for the pointers !

But Basenjis always need to pee as soon as they get out of the car - not just at the vet's ! When I used to show a great deal and travelled with another breeder, I'd drive to her house which was a good five minutes from mine. In order to maintain harmony, her dog(s) - usually two - would have to be put into the car first. Mine had to be got out - and walked up the road a tad, when they would pee copiously.

That they had done so 6 or 7 minutes previously, before being put into the car - never mind. Car stops. We get out. We pee. And this applied to both sexes.

There is a sharp turn and a steep slope leading to the parking area behind my vet's - One and all, over the years, have started to scream Get me OUT of here ! the instant I turn the car into the driveway !

tanza - obviously your dogs get up in the morning a lot earlier than mine do ! LOL

• @elbrant said in New puppy, suddenly peeing a lot.:

"oh no! I didn't know about the party! I better leave my calling card so they tell me about the next one!" 😉

@zande said in New puppy, suddenly peeing a lot.:

That they had done so 6 or 7 minutes previously, before being put into the car - never mind. Car stops. We get out. We pee. And this applied to both sexes.

You guys are funny though you speak the absolute truth!

@zande said in New puppy, suddenly peeing a lot.:

tanza - obviously your dogs get up in the morning a lot earlier than mine do ! LOL

Might have something to do with the frequency of rainy mornings. LOL

• @donc - Zande... nothing to do with rainy mornings... that is when I get up for work

• We have had no rain for 6 or so weeks, none at all, ground is cracking up, grass becoming brown.

I have been encouraging Mku to do a rain-dance. He likes to spend a long time standing on his back legs, boxing with me so it was worth a try -

This morning it worked ! RAIN is actually falling from the sky. Mku is not amused. I am not going outdoors in THAT - I'll DROWN. Mom, have mercy !!

But out he goes ! Mom is totally heartless -

• @zande said in New puppy, suddenly peeing a lot.:

This morning it worked ! RAIN is actually falling from the sky. Mku is not amused. I am not going outdoors in THAT - I'll DROWN. Mom, have mercy !!

But out he goes ! Mom is totally heartless -

You are heartless! A regular Cruella de Vil.

Better be careful or Mku will have a lawyer and a list of grievances. Happened to a friend of ours. They had a friend (who is a lawyer) stay in their place and watch their dog when they left town for a few weeks. When they got back they were handed two official looking documents: The first was "A List of Grievances"; the second was A List of Demands. Both were very detailed (and funny).

Priceless.

• @donc It got worse. . . the grass became wet and I made him walk through it !
    Poor Mku.

But you have given us a task for these work-free days. Composing just the sort of legal document, written by the dog, as your lawyer friend wrote.

btw - I am just kidding when I use the words 'work-free' - not many of those.

Suggested Topics