Looking for an adult basenji in need of a home in TX

• Hi,
    I’m new here, but well versed in basenji. I am looking to rescue/adopt another basenji for a companion to my 13 y/o male. The new dog would need to be housebroken, good with dogs and kids, non-aggressive towards dogs/people and preferably leash trained. I definitely want another basenji that talks back to me. My Vinny is so quiet. Many years ago, I had a sweet little male that always had an answer to my questions.
    I am signed up through every basenji adoption agency that there is, now we are just waiting to find our new friend.
    Thanks for listening 🙂
    Kathy, Vinny’s mom

• Hope you welcome your new kid soon. Please keep us updated.

• Make sure your basenji gets along with the new one. My basenji George did not always get along with other dogs and especially other basenjis. We found George and his "wife" and their puppies. We found homes for most of them but kept two of the puppies and the dad, George. The two puppies and the dad did fight on occasion and it was not a good time. We ended up giving up the puppies , who were with us for a couple of years since they killed one of our cats and another of our dogs.

I LOVED my basenji George, my love of my life dog, what a personality but I would not have more than one. Maybe the females are better behaved than the males as George and the one of the puppies were male. Did not get along. Your Vinny looks a lot like my George. George passed away on Feb 14 2018 at the age of around 20 years old. We found him in 1999 and he died in 2018.
    My husband and I say he is the one dog we will have the best stories on as we grow old. We rescue animals so he was one of many dogs. He certainly stole my heart- I miss him so much.
    Good luck in your search
    Helen

Suggested Topics