What should I do when I lost Basenji dog?

Should I report my pet details with some pet rescue company like https://www.pawmaw.com

In some of the website has got the great resource of a lost pet.

In the vast number of cases (well over 90%) dogs get returned to their owners. First, if you have next-door or something similar, check there. That's a fantastic resource. Second, drive around and look for the dog and signs. When we find a lost dog we will put up signs. Third check with animal shelters. I haven't heard of pawmaw but it couldn't hurt.

Good luck!

Basenjis are so prone to bolting the door. So very thrilled your baby is back and safe. For future reference, you should contact all local veterinarians, boarding facilities and any other pet service business; local shelters and breed specific rescue groups; your postal carrier and garbage collection personnel.

I taught all my Basenjis and all fosters that grab hands meant they were getting much desired scratches/pets/lovies. It has been a lifesaver on many occasions.

OMG! I feel for you! My Kembe escaped on me 3 times in the first 3 weeks that I owned her . I learned really fast - she’s now almost 14 and has not escaped since. Luckily she returned on her own 2 of the times and I chased her down the 3rd time. You’re always afraid that they’ll get hit by a car since they are not street smart. I pray that you are able to find her. I’ll be thinking of you! 🐾🐕

... You all realize that this is just spam for some website, right?

@donc Thank you so much for your advice.

@elbrant
Thanks - I was not aware!

@mrscastro
"I taught all my Basenjis and all fosters that grab hands meant they were getting much desired scratches/pets/lovies."

Could you please share how? TIA

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.