Advice please if a Basenji might be a good match.

• Just wanted to update everyone. We didn’t get a Basenji but we did adopted a puppy that someone posted on Craigslist looking to trade her for some kids toys which we have way too many. I thought it’s a joke at 1 st and my instinct was to get her off the CL before she ends in wrong hands. Well we ended with a nice pup, a beautiful long haired German Shepherd, we had her for 5 weeks now, she is sweet, friendly, gentle, doing awesome with potty/ leash/ crate training. Has’t destroyed anything yet in the house. 2 out of 3 cats are friendly with her, the last one is just being bossy. She plays with our Border Collie and it is so much easier to train her because she pretty much does everything that Fozz, the BC does. I guess we got lucky so far, knock on a wood, I am still surprised and still very skeptical though!)

• Well done for giving that puppy a home ! You are both very lucky by the sound of it ! Long may it last. Good luck !

• It’s been a while! Lexie is almost 6 m.o and 50+ pounds, doing great so far. Potty/leash/ crate training. Cats are adjusting well!)

Suggested Topics