What a friendly and welcoming group you are...
Basenji Mix

I was very excited to join this group. To find a group of people that share the same love and passion for this amazing breed.... My heart jumped. I made my first post and asked my first question and then began to explore the forum. To my unfortunate surprise... I was not finding the warm welcoming group that I had expected. All I found was horribly mean, snobby and Snide comments to people truly searching for help. One such instance was a couple wanting to get info on breeding their dog in hope of a litter of puppies. A blessed event in their eyes. Every response was enough to make the couple cry. All I can say is, How dare you! What gives you the right to act this way!? Dogs have been having babies long before all you stuck up bitches were around and will continue to do so long after you are gone. Many of you should take a long hard look in the mirror and realize that you and your crappy opinions are not that important! Needless to say, I will be looking for a different forum to join and would recommend that any other person with joyful expectations of this forum should do the same.

@jenn said in What a friendly and welcoming group you are...:

One such instance was a couple wanting to get info on breeding their dog in hope of a litter of puppies. A blessed event in their eyes. Every response was enough to make the couple cry. All I can say is, How dare you! What gives you the right to act this way!?

I am sure you will find a group of people with no ethics, no care for the breed, no care for healthy animals, and only selfishly doing what they want and maybe make some money. G-d knows there are a lot of them out there.

How dare we? What gives us the right? Oh, having morals. Caring about the breed more than someone's desire to breed dogs that should not be bred. Many if not most of us working in rescue or breeders who have spent lifetimes working to make the breed healthier. You say snobs... I say ethics. Don't let the door hit you. Obviously you care more about selfish needs than learning about the breed and how to be responsible.

Btw, reporting your low-class potty mouth.

@kjdonkers said in What a friendly and welcoming group you are...:

Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/basenji.international/

They stand for responsible breeding also. She's not likely to find friendly welcoming of byb/pm breeders.

I don't know exactly what thread or threads you are referring to. I might agree with you or not. However, I do know that telling everyone in a group immediately after joining that they are unfriendly jerks is not going to win you friends or influence. LOL

This is one of those "what were they thinking" moments.

@jenn said in What a friendly and welcoming group you are...:

A

So sorry that you have received that negative response on this forum. Unfortunately they're some negative people. But many are positive owners of Basenji's like myself that like to connect and share stories of our babies. Please don't let the "nay Sayers" scare you away. Overall it's a positive forum

Dear Jenn,
I, too, was very excited to join this group, and I love it. It's a a great site and very positive. I don't agree with everyone's opinion, nor do they agree with mine. People are free to express whatever they wish. Those I agree with I give a thumbs up ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ , and those I don't I give a thumbs down ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป. I don't need to take a long hard look in the mirror, nor do I have crappy opinions. My current opinion is that your personal insult ( 'stuck up bitches' - I think, at least, you are referring to me and not my female dog) would indeed suit a different forum to join and I wish you, and your recommendations, all the very best with that. ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿพ

...it is, after all, a Basenji Forum.....!๐Ÿพ

Jenn
Please give this forum another chance. You can find a lot of great information here. I think there are some passionate people here that love the breed so much that it may come off as strident or abrasive. I believe that they just want what is best for the breed. You can just skip those posts or vote thumbs down on them as another person suggested. Enjoy your Basenji mix! They are wonderful dogs.
Have a happy New year!
Margie

Even though you erased your posts, the truth is that you (please show us the "couple" folks were so mean to) came asking about breeding your chihuahua/basenji mix. Not one person was mean to you... unless being honest is equal to mean in your views. Here is your thread, my post quoting part of your deleted posts:

::: Breeding

jenn Basenji Mix Nov 29, 2018, 1:06 AM
This post is deleted!

J
jenn Basenji Mix Nov 29, 2018, 1:18 AM
This post is deleted!

DebraDownSouth
Nov 29, 2018, 10:40 AM reply quote
Jenn, the next time should probably be next year after you have taken the time to find a mentor and learn more. Once you learn more, you'll realize how breeding a dog that is a mixbreed is incredibly irresponsible. There simply isn't any reason to created puppies for pets, put your girl at risk during pregnancy, put the puppies at risk of having all sorts of genetic diseases because you have no idea what she carries. And since no responsibly bred stud would let their dog breed with such a bitch, you're doubling up on questionable health. Please do the right thing and get her spayed.

::::I am 38 with a beautiful girl named Lola. She is a Basenji/Chihuahua mix. She is 4 yrs old and has been with us for almost 3 years. I also have a Rhodesian Ridge back cross named kaos. He is 10 and has been with us almost 10 years. They were both rescued from less than desirable situations. We love them both very much and look forward to learning more about Lola's breed. I have some great pictures to upload but it keeps telling me that they are to big so, I will add them as soon as I can.( Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated):::

You can use any photo program to decrease the size.

Debra

Link to thread: https://basenjiforums.com/topic/14895/breeding/6 where no one was stuck up or posting enough to make anyone cry.

last edited by DebraDownSouth

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.