segway from "mysterious health problems"

• @zande said in Advice / help on mysterious health problems.:

low fat super-market pate

I'm so curious... what are you referring to here? My brain is saying 'Braunschweiger', but somehow I think you might mean something else... can you share the name brand or more information? (thanks!)

• Waitrose is the local supermarket I tend to frequent. They do a wide range of 'own brands' and this is one of them. I love pate (NOT the low-cal variety though) and had been giving Keeper his medication in that.

One day I was in a hurry and accidently bought the low-fat variety by mistake. I used it up on Keeper and he loves it. Being low fat, it is better for him.

Pate (there should be an acute accent over the 'e' -) is normally made from pork. It is spreadable and you can get smooth, coarse (farmhouse) or medium types. 'Ardennes' is a common one, so is 'Brussels' - they are pretty similar, supermarket to supermarket.

One I particularly like is Wild Duck but most good supermarkets have a Deli counter and you can get a wide variety.

Hope this helps.

• cream cheese is a good disguise as well.

• @redial Yes - but it is messy ! The pate works a treat - he regards every medication as a treat (Hoover gets a small piece at the same time) and I never have any problem. In fact as they are both loathe to venture out last thing at night these wintry days - leaving the comfort and warmth of leather armchairs - I have taken to rattling the packet !

It gets them out in seconds ! (Subterfuge though - they don't get anything and I hope it will be Spring again before they realise they have been conned !)

Suggested Topics