• Does everyone know the GEICO commercial with the squirrels causing an accident and then they high five each other? Well, this morning Lillie was going crazy..she was crying like a baby. I ran downstairs to check on her and she was running from the front window to the back door to the dining room window. I thought she saw her friend, Taxi the shih tzu. Nope, it was 2 squirrels teasing her. They would run up and down the tree in front of my house, then stand by the walkway, then go on my lawn and dig. I know they were teasing her. I really don't like squirrels!

Jodie

• That happens here all the time… too... drives my kids crazy, not so much now that they are getting pretty old... but not only do they run up and down the trees in the front yard, but they used to get in the flower boxes right in front of the windows!!! Talk about nerve...

• We used to feed the squirrels in the back yard to encourage our fanconi affected boy to go out through the doggie door more often (and he'd potty while out there), so they can be helpful!

• That's right Brenda, I forgot about that… and what a novel idea... might as well put them to good use!

• We have tons of squirrels in Redwood City. There's a Loquat fruit tree right in front of the living room window. My couch is in front of the window and the Bs would lay on the back top ledge to look out the window during the day. The window faces the front yard. Well the squirrels love the fruit in the spring/summer and climb up and down the tree. Man the Bs would go nuts, Nika would scratch on the window, then they'd both shot off the couch right over the coffee table (it's all scratched up) and shoot out the back doggie door. Then you'd hear them fight because they were so jacked up. The dogs get old and don't even notice them. At 13-1/2 Nika only has sight in one eye now. We have a lot of Raccoons too. They used to shoot out the back at night when the Raccoons would be next door fighting over the garbage.

• We use to have lots of squirrels, but we cut down our pine trees (hurricanes galore here on N.C. coast). Now my B, Sahara, loves to watch the cats across the street. She will fly out her doggie door with the speed of light, I think one day she is going to really hurt herself leaping out that door so fast. I can say to her, "Sahara, are the cats outside,"and she will get on top of my couch and look outside, Like she has to see for herself. She is such a character.

• **We'd love it here if it were only squirrels darting around. 😞 That's not the case though. Rabbits, Deer, Turkeys, Chipmunks, Birds, you name it, and they are all out to drive my B'boy and his brother Ridgeback nuts. 😕 As if that were not bad enough, all these critters have this idea they must leave a tariff for the pleasure of winding my two guy's into a frenzy a couple times a day. :rolleyes: So that everytime I take them out it's like an Easter Egg hunt without a basket, so everything found must be eaten at once. :p Wild Bunny Berries, Deer Beans, Turkey Truffels, you name it, they try to eat it. Of course these offerings are all but invisible to me, but the boys know exactly where to find these treats. :eek:

So Jodie, if ya only have the occasional squirrel come by and pay your B a visit, consider yourself lucky. Natures bounty can at times be overwhelming, believe me. 🆒**

• I won't complain about the 2 squirrels that teased Lillie anymore. Not after I read about all the animals that hang out by your house. I do have to say that I took Lillie for a walk in the park today..she didn't bother with the ducks and geese but when she saw a squirrel…let's just say that I am glad that my arm is still attached to my body!:D

• @srjeeper:

We'd love it here if it were only squirrels darting around. 😞 That's not the case though. Rabbits, Deer, Turkeys, Chipmunks, Birds, you name it, and they are all out to drive my B'boy and his brother Ridgeback nuts. 😕

I can deal with the cats, squirrels, racoons, deer, turkeys, birds, or even the possums…....but when a skunk started dropping by for the figs that would drop from my fig tree, I had to say enough is enough. I actually hired a wild animal trapper to trap him and relocate him. I did not want him killed. Well--after the skunk got the food out of the trap without getting trapped--the trapper told me I must have reset the trap incorrectly. So early one a.m., I watched the skunk from my window shaking the cage until all the food came flying out!! He ate all the food (they love snausages), and then he had the nerve to go into my backyard and eat the figs for dessert!! We never did trap him, but a couple of weeks later, I smelled that skunk smell all over the neighborhood one night and never saw him again.....I was just happy my dogs never got hold of him.......

• I can relate to skunks….. my friend Ann who has my Crystal had a skunk in her yard for months and months.. that an coons... under their deck... it was a real battle to get them to "move" to a new location..ggg...

• My Jojo will chase them only if they are in the fenced in part of her backyard…but one time she did see one outside of the fence (we have a chain link one and she is not a climber) and she stalked it...if they are in the yard she will chase them up a tree and look up and circle the tree and whine until the squirrel jumps from tree to tree top and makes it out of the yard to safety...she is funny to watch!!!

• I feed our backyard birds and along comes the squirrels. It's great exercise for Talker who will run back and forth trying to catch them as they run along the wall. He caught one once and brought it inside. I don't know how he did it, but it was a shock to find it on the couch when I got home from work.

That was about 2 years ago and he's still trying.
    This is him stalking the squirrel when it was on the ground:

This is him trying to jump up at it. Its good exercise, but its probably a lot of frustration for him.

attachment_p_14685_0_r-t-stalker.jpg
    attachment_p_14685_1_r-t-jumping.jpg

• I have 3 floor to ceiling windows in my bedroom. The squirrels like to play on the tree outside. Goober and the cat (willy) will chase them from window to window.

• I used to have a 1/2 acre yard in the woods. Beta (my rescue) needed a lot more exercise than Caesar to calm her nerves. She lived for squirrells… Caesar would chase them from time to time, but Beta would stand up on a tree and try to catch them.

One day I came home and there was a dead squirrell in the yard. Its arm was missing! I am 100% sure that Beta ate it and was reverting to her wild instincts. Amazing.

Caesar has lived with 4 cats and never tags them with any mouthing during play. Beta, well she posessed a raw wild side that could be seen when she was hunting those pesky squirrells.

• The squirrels by my house are exactly the same. They sit on the fence or in the tree just out of Corky's reach and yack at him and his brother. One of these days one of them is going to get caught!

• @tasha:

The squirrels by my house are exactly the same. They sit on the fence or in the tree just out of Corky's reach and yack at him and his brother. One of these days one of them is going to get caught!

Those pesky chirping squirrels do ask for it, the way they tease Duke. Did I mention the time last fall I found a squirrel tail on my driveway? Well . . . in January, when we were planning on getting another puppy (Daisy) from the BCOSW, the member who came for a home visit pointed out the squirrel minus it's tail running up a tree in our back yard when we let Duke outside! Gee - I wonder who done it?? :eek:

• @Duke:

Those pesky chirping squirrels do ask for it, the way they tease Duke. Did I mention the time last fall I found a squirrel tail on my driveway? Well . . . in January, when we were planning on getting another puppy (Daisy) from the BCOSW, the member who came for a home visit pointed out the squirrel minus it's tail running up a tree in our back yard when we let Duke outside! Gee - I wonder who done it?? :eek:

LOL!!! Gee I wonder. hehe 😃

• this could be good reasoning to stay away from a raw diet, LOL!!

• Abby actually chased one down and had it pinned in the corner of her fence, there was the squirrel in the corner Abby right in front of it, my mixed breed Missy on one side of Abby and my cat FatFat on the other side. That squirrel was terrified, then my husband and sons chased the animals away so the squirrel cold run off.

• Maggii in her younger days plucked 3 out of our apple tree… they would run down teasing her... she would just wait at the bottom for them to get bolder and bolder and then... wham.... she went up the tree after them and that was the end of that.....
    She also would lay under the tree branch were the squirrels would be taking a nap just waiting for them to fall.....

Suggested Topics