Earl, my basenji. What is he mixed with?

• 0_1487215354971_IMG_1489.JPG 0_1487215339362_IMG_1473.JPG

Hi! I am new to this forum! I adopted Earl on December 28th, 2016. I fell in love with in the minute I saw him online. I had never heard of a basenji before, but after some research I knew this would be exactly the type of dog I wanted. Upon adopting him, the shelter told me he was mixed but didn't know with what. I've tried to do so much research and can only come up with a jack Russell/ basenji mix. Some people have said chihuahua but I just don't see it. He surely acts like a basenji and talks our ears off, but also barks and acts crazy. He is super high energy. The vet said he would only get to be about 16 pounds. He is 12 pounds now and five months old. Anyone have any ideas? Also, they were not kidding when they said "do not leave them home alone".

Th

• The only sure thing to do is to do a dna test, but I see more possibility of a chihuahua than a jack russell. Whatever she is, she's cute as can be!

• We thought about doing a DNA test but I wanted to get some opinions first! He is adorable!

• I don't see much basenji in him (the ears don't look right somehow) - chihuahua or dachshund maybe and yeah some kind of terrier. Nice though.

Suggested Topics