• Do basenji's usually chew on sofa's and table legs???

• Wow there is nothing better than having my basenji on the couch with me. I agree tables or counters absolutely not but he has a blanket they he will lay on on the couch if it is not there he wont go up so when there are visitors over the blanket comes off.

• @vstripe:

Do basenji's usually chew on sofa's and table legs???

Sometimes, if they are bored or have even a little separation anxiety. I would say over half of most young basenjis would chew on furniture if you leave them unattended in a room for more than a short length of time. But that percentage isn't that much higher than puppies of any breed, IMO.

• @Quercus:

Sometimes, if they are bored or have even a little separation anxiety. I would say over half of most young basenjis would chew on furniture if you leave them unattended in a room for more than a short length of time. But that percentage isn't that much higher than puppies of any breed, IMO.

I agree, given the opportunity all puppies might….. and puppies really don't know any better... as far as table legs or chair legs, for me it was that they would be laying close to them and just as a matter of teething would reach out and use the closest thing as a "chew" stick.... mostly without even thinking about it...

• Wow there is nothing better than having my basenji on the couch with me.

I do hold them on my lap while I'm on the couch; that is a very cozy, snuggly, cuddly time. But they're not getting directly ON the couch; and they don't mind a bit.
    That was one concern dh had before we brought Jazz home. Every where we went, everything we'd read talked about how they love to sit on the furniture. I reassured him that I'd teach them not to, and it wouldn't be a problem. And it hasn't.

• I used to let Tayda and Lenny on the couch as much as they wanted until the hair drove me so nuts I couldn't take it anymore. My solution was to move their crate next to the couch and put a dog bed on top of it. They now use the couch just to jump up onto their bed. And they still get to be next to me! I also sit on the ground with them if they want to snuggle with me, or I'll have one of them in my lap and the other one at my feet.

A leather couch would be nice! Maybe next time!

• We ended up pushing the ottoman against the couch, everyone seems happy now:)
    attachment_p_14181_0_couch02.jpg
    attachment_p_14181_1_couch01.jpg

• Awww she's too cute 🙂

• Adorable!!! Great compromise!

Suggested Topics