• Woof!

I'm Buddy and would like to know if you think I might be a Terrier/Basenji mix. I was rescued from the middle a busy street after I ran away from people who didn't love me. It was meant to be because now I live with two Brothers who love me as much as I love them. They feed me well, take me on walks, and let me sleep in their beds if I want. We go camping, boating, and fishing and I get to chase squirrels & lizards.

They say all Dogs go to Heaven - I say I'm already there!

Me playing in the snow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQcqfL5dpW4

• Welcome. Could be a little basenji in there. What kind of noises does he make.

? Ran away? Did you get him from a shelter? Many lost dogs having families that do love them and are looking for them.

• Jack/Parson's russel terrier mix for sure…. not sure about Basenji... but really, really cute pup. Might even be a bit of Border Terrier judging by the head/face

• @DebraDownSouth:

Welcome. Could be a little basenji in there. What kind of noises does he make.

? Ran away? Did you get him from a shelter? Many lost dogs having families that do love them and are looking for them.

Buddy barks but also makes some pretty bizarre vocalizations when he gets excited. When boating at Lake Sonoma we regularly see Deer and groups of Wild Pigs and Buddy will just go nuts, squealing/yowling, etc. He definitely has a very strong Prey drive as he likes to chase cats, squirrels, lizards, etc.

My Brothers best friend rescued Buddy from the middle of a busy street in front of their house. They tried for a week to find his owners to no avail. They took pictures of him and made up fliers which were posted around the area and also posted to Craigslist in Lost & Found. Buddy had no collar/license when found and was not chipped. We feel his finding his way to us was meant to be. My Brother Steve has terminal cancer and on the night Buddy came home with us, was in a lot of pain. Buddy slept with Steve, sometimes lying on his chest and licking the tears from his face.

Whatever breeds he is a mix of, he is a wonderful dog!

• Sounds like a wonderful dog… regardless of what he is mixed with or not... makes no difference, you have yourselves a great companion... and very cute too.... Still say Terrier mix... but who knows... regardless you are welcome here

• I am so sorry about your brother. Yes, seems he was meant to be with your family. If you get a chance, record his vocalizations. We really love pictures and videos!

Suggested Topics