• We rescued this beautiful little brindle girl from a guy. the pictures attached show how her colors are changing. She was a very light brindle when we got her about 2 months ago now but she her back has become much more black with the tan or reddish tan showing through now. She is a tiny girl at 3-4 months approx and only 10-12 pounds. She has gotten almost as tall as our other rescue who is around 17 inches tall and 24 pounds. She makes the strangest sounds my husband and I have ever heard out of a dog and is such a comic you cannot help but laugh at her. We would love to know what medical wise to look for.
    attachment_t_16374_0_nova-by-back-door-august-2015-for-forum.jpg
    attachment_t_16374_1_nova-face-for-forum.jpg
    attachment_t_16374_2_mya-and-nova.jpg
    attachment_t_16374_3_nova-walking-for-dogforum.jpg
    attachment_t_16374_4_nova.jpg

• she is a beauty, for the ears, the tail and the sound i see some basenji in her..

• Definitely has some Basenji look to her. Very cute little girl! Sorry I did not see this post earlier.

• Thank you. She is very special. .

• Oh dear spirits, I did not see this until today either. I also see basenji in there, but omgoodness what a freaking cutie pie! PLEASE post some new pics! Love love love!

• @DebraDownSouth:

Oh dear spirits, I did not see this until today either. I also see basenji in there, but omgoodness what a freaking cutie pie! PLEASE post some new pics! Love love love!

here are some more of our girl,, she is now six months and 19 pounds around 17 inches tall
    attachment_p_173444_0_20151012_133247-1.jpg
    attachment_p_173444_1_20150922_113311-2.jpg
    attachment_p_173444_2_nova-10-2015.jpg
    attachment_p_173444_3_20150925_132445-1.jpg
    attachment_p_173444_4_20151001_131812-1.jpg
    attachment_p_173444_5_20151015_180749-1.jpg
    attachment_p_173444_6_20151015_181029-1.jpg
    attachment_p_173444_7_edited_1101bcb0-c37e-448d-b25e-ec65a2a3220a-1.jpg
    attachment_p_173444_8_nova-and-mya-playing.jpg

• thank you we think shes beautiful, very lanky but all muscle

• Thanks for the pictures! She looks wonderful! Please describe the sounds she makes. Have you heard typical Basenji sounds, and are hers similar?

• Very cute, but I don't really see Basenji…..

• Do you have any ideas about her? Thank you

• When she does bark it's high pitched like squeaking, when she howls it's like yodeling, when she tries to growl it's like she's gargling. . Her sounds are very odd. I have heard some on you tube.

• When she does bark it's high pitched like squeaking, when she howls it's like yodeling, when she tries to growl it's like she's gargling. . Her sounds are very odd.

• Does sound a bit Basenji. I think she has some characteristics. Of course, these days you can always do a DNA test and know for sure! 🙂

• I did one of those on our first rescue and it was way off. Her mother was a border collie and they told us she was a 3 generation pug/malamute mix and would be 45 pounds. As you could see in the picture she is only 24 pounds. And a dog geneticist showed me on their own Web page that mixture was not a possibility for Mya as she has the brown and white tri mixture. . So I don't think I will waste my money on one of those again. . We finally figured out she most likely is bc/jack Russell or rat terrier mix. . But nova we have no idea lol. We thought our American Eskimo made some strange sounds until we got this girl. .

• The DNA testing has improved, but it's still far from perfect. Her new pics, especially the tail, not so much basenji looking. But her noises and behaviors, who knows, may have some.

• Yeah she has the thicker fuller tail like her husky side but she also was teething and it was not as curly as before. . Now that she seems to be done with that it seems to be curling up again. . Whatever is mixed with the husky side, she is definitely different and unique and quite the clown. I am forever laughing at her. She loves attention and you loving on her but can also be independent. We love this girl. .

• Definitely has some Basenji look to her.
    Casesam J5 covers
    Casesam high-quality

Suggested Topics