Gettin friendly with the local pet store employees…

• First Basenji's

My boyfriend and I go to a mom and pop pet supply store that is literally 30 seconds away from our home. We have a bearded dragon name Guicci as well as our B, the love of our life, Dolce. We get fresh crickets every few days for Gucci so the manager is very familiar with us but more so my boyfriend since hes on cricket duty. The other day she gave us a shopping bag FULL of about 30 packages of 8 oz sample bags of all these different high quality dog food such as Taste of the WIld, Wilderness, Wellness, Signature (which I have never seen before), and also this food called The Honest Kitchen dehydrated dog food that you add water to (also I have never seen this food). Dolce loves getting a new food to try everyday. She has not had any issues with the different flavors or brands. She never cares about eatting her food unless its a brand new bag from the store and she gets bored the next day or I am giving her some veggies or rice if I have it.. I don't want her to be spoiled to expect these things all the time and then have to deal with her refusing her regular food. She is def enjoying herself!

• She is a lucky girl, don't blame her getting bored of the same food, feel sad for the pets that get feed the same thing day in day out. I wouldn't like to eat the same thing everyday, spoil her while you can.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• @stash:

She is a lucky girl, don't blame her getting bored of the same food, feel sad for the pets that get feed the same thing day in day out. I wouldn't like to eat the same thing everyday, spoil her while you can.

Jolanda and Kaiser

Great comment… I totally agree... veggies and fruit are great for our Basenjis... and changing food every 2 to 3 months is great too.... a change in diet makes it easy to introduce different food

• First Basenji's

She loves to eat parsley from my garden as well. Shes a goat in a dogs body. When I ment spoiled I ment it in a fillet mignon and lobster everyday type of way. Some ppl go a little crazy that their dog can't eat in a bowl must be a gold plate…. IF she could have it that way she would gladly take that over a bowl any day lol but that's because she thinks shes the queen of the world.

Suggested Topics