Ways to Tire Out High Energy Dog?

• Lmao…that's exactly why I'm hesitant to add a second!! I can handle two basenjis but not two Oakley's...I need to be SURE the second wont be influenced by Oakleys naughty naughty ways!!

• Do agree with them being able to feel some pain as I found that Kaiser knew what was painful to do and he adjusted his movements to get on the sofa etc, the hardest part I found was getting him in the car and out not easy with a bad back and a 13kg basenji(he is big boy, biggest in his litter), he was fine with our stairs at home. Did find out that he is a gentle boy as I did hurt him lifting him out of the car when we got home after his neuter and expected a nip but he just looked at me soooo sad and then I had to try again and he let me, though he did nip the Vet. As usual I worried more than I should of and everything turned out way better than I thought so here is hoping the same for you and Ava.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• I have a feeling you'll get a call for Ava as soon as she wakes up! 😉

• @Chealsie508:

Lmao…that's exactly why I'm hesitant to add a second!! I can handle two basenjis but not two Oakley's...I need to be SURE the second wont be influenced by Oakleys naughty naughty ways!!

LOL– what if you added a second and ended up with an Oakley and an Ava?!

• Thank you, stash; I hope it goes easy, too. Surely Miss Ava can behave for a week. Surely.

But you're right, agilebasenji, they'll probably have a post-it with my mobile # stuck to their phone, and I'll receive a call as soon as she rouses. She won't be a happy girl– and when Ava's not happy, nobody around her is happy.

• I would have to be admitted to a facility Pamela, it would be my worst nightmare…lol. I love Oakley more than anything but I don't think I could do it again..he has been the most difficult puppy/dog I've ever had! ..and as many leaps as he's made, he will always be difficult in his own ways. I bet Ava will be the same, they certainly won't ever be easy going pups. Bless us for loving the crazy ones!!

• I hear you, Chealsie! I'm still not sure I'll survive Ava's adolescence. I'm pretty good at managing stress, but there have been times– many times-- that she has almost sent me over the edge. I had wanted to get another B puppy in a year or two... but no more.

Suggested Topics