• You never said, did you talk to the breeding? Was he tested for EPI? …... What is the Vet saying other than ulcerations in his GI tract?... Was he tested for IPSID? or IPD?

• @stash:

Poor baby and poor you, not easy cleaning up all the time, hopefully now he has been diagnosed he will be on the road to recovery and hope it's not as bad as they think with his GI tract. Wish animals could talk to us as sometimes they hide a lot of pain and we don't pick things up until in the later stages(cats are sooo bad for that). Fingers crossed for you and your boy.

Jolanda and Kaiser

Thank you.

• I spoke with the vet about IPSID. He said he'd look into it. He's made the decision to do surgery on him to see what's going on inside.

• @Heinz57:

I spoke with the vet about IPSID. He said he'd look into it. He's made the decision to do surgery on him to see what's going on inside.

Seriously? Look into it? I think if this was my dog, a new Vet would have been in order…. What about EPI?

• Hi dear,

I hope your puppy is better now. In case it's not, I suggest you to ask for an endoscopy instead of surgery.

My dog has serious problems with diarrhea and the doctors have tried everything without results. Until they made an endoscopy and found the origin/reason of that.
    Unfortunately she has a chronic disease in her intestine which is serious, but at least now she can be treated properly, before they had no idea what it was.
    She has linfangiectasis, which I have read it's a common disease in Basenjis.

Good luck and please let us know how he/she is.

• Biopsy showed he had high-grade lymphosarcoma.

• I'm so sad to hear this, poor little boy. So heart breaking for you and your family, my thoughts are with you.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• Devastating news in such a young dog. I'm so sorry at this outcome.

• I am so sorry; how heartbreaking

• I am so sorry. I lost my basenji at 6 to lymphoma. 😞 Spent 5 mos and many thousands on chemo and treatment but she crashed on every protocol

• So sorry, is this the same one that Jae was talking about that was put to sleep?

• I am so sorry to hear about the lymphoma. Sweet boy, far too young for that. 😞

Before I got all the way through the thread and read the bad news, I was going to suggest this, and especially if your carpet is still a mess, it might be worth looking into:

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-DeepClean-Essential-Cleaner-8852/dp/B00DBTOVXO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1406322668&sr=8-8&keywords=carpet+cleaner

Every doggy mom/dad should have one. It's great to have on hand for the "what did you eat, let's clean it up" moments and is worth every penny.

• Thank you.

We had it steam cleaned because of the giardia. At the time we thought he was coming home and so we disinfected everything.

I will still take a look at that because I do have a husband who likes to make a mess. >__<

• Thank you.

Yes.

I see you're from Rolla. I grew up in Cabool. I had a basenji from a breeder in the area. His name was Mack ( the breeder).

• Thank you everyone for your condolences.

• @DebraDownSouth:

I am so sorry. I lost my basenji at 6 to lymphoma. 😞 Spent 5 mos and many thousands on chemo and treatment but she crashed on every protocol

What were her signs? We didn't know it was cancer until it was too late. If we had known, I seriously thought I would put him through chemo just to keep him with me for longer, but I know he's no longer suffering and I hope he's in a better place.

• He is in a better place… just remember you will carry his soul in your heart forever... All of my Basenjis that have passed before me are here in my heart

Suggested Topics