2007 National Specialty - Basenji Club of America

• The National Specialty will be held in No. California, October 13th thru October 19th beginning with the weekend of October 13 & 14th in Livermore, Ca for The Africian Match, Lure Trials, Oval Track. We then move to the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton for the remainer of the events. Information on the Specialty can be found at:
    http://www.basenjispecialty.org/bcoa-2007.html

Please consider sponsoring a trophy, if you do so by May 25th you will be listed in the premium list and the program. If after that date, you will be listed in the program. There are lots of classes still available and also general donations. Your support is appreciated… For trophy information please visit
    http://www.basenjispecialty.org/bcoa-trophy.html

Also, we have great merchandise with the BCOA Logo for sale… these items have the logo embroidered instead of regular silk-screen... take a peek....
    http://www.basenjispecialty.org/bcoa-sponsor.html

Thanks!!!!

• 🙂 Yay I'm planning to go! I live in Studio City but my mom and dad live in Sunnyvale so I'll just stay with them and hit the show I cant wait I want to take lots of pictures.
    I'm excited I have been to some dog shows but I have never been to a specialty. I dont know much about them other than someone told me there are alote more basenji's around.I see that there is a banquet and auction. What kinds of things do they auction???

• Anything remotely Basenji or African related. Actually a lot of very good finds-I found some old issues of the Basenji Mag!

• The auction is great… things you will mostly never see anyplace else... it is really cool and we have lots of stuff planned for during the week too.....
    Depending on gas and stuff, usual entry for the regular show is over 400 Basenjis.... so, yes.. lots of B's around....
    Please consider being a class sponsor... and help No. Ca make this the best Specialty yet!!!! And don't forget the clothes for sale with the logo.... this is not silk screened.. these are embroidered... and they are really cool... once the deadline for order is past.. that will be it.. they will not be available after...
    Hope to see and meet lots of you at the Nationals!!!!!

• You know we'll be there! Chance won't miss it for the world!

• I am really looking forward to it. I haven't been to a National since the Arizona National in Scottsdale, AZ. This time I will probably have just about a dog for nearly every event. 🙂

• I have a question since I have never been to a specialty is this an outdoor event I can bring my dog to or should I leave the little one at home? I was not sure if it is only open to the dogs that are going to be in the show.

• @vstripe:

I have a question since I have never been to a specialty is this an outdoor event I can bring my dog to or should I leave the little one at home? I was not sure if it is only open to the dogs that are going to be in the show.

This is not an outdoor event with the exception of the Lure Trials and Af Match that are Oct 13th and 14th in Livermore. Certainly you are welcome to bring your B (or any dog) to that event… the show itself at the fairgrounds will be indoors and be much better to leave them home unless you want to set up an expen outside the building.

• Pat, is there going to to any special opening ceremony or parade of dogs? I didn't see anything like that on the events calendar.

• @MaxBooBooBear:

Pat, is there going to to any special opening ceremony or parade of dogs? I didn't see anything like that on the events calendar.

There is not.. the only parade is on Sunday at Livermore with the Af Match and the parade of Full Afs that happens after the match.

• I am looking forward to it too 🙂 It is way WAY fun, and this one should be awesome!

Everyone at Tim's workplace calls it our annual "basenjifest"

• I'm still hoping to go-I'll know shortly if I can. I had planned on going, but life has a way of getting in the way. I absolutely love these 'Basenjifest's.'

• Arlene…did you go to the BCOC specialty?

• Oh, yes. Sally Wourno's little bitch is absolutely wonderful. I'm hoping (keeping my fingers crossed that all Sugar's tests come back acceptable) to breed Sugar with her dog 'Ron.' Wanda was there also with Blade. Chris and Allie Cowe were there. Sue's little boy Jammers took reserve to Blade.

• @nomrbddgs:

Oh, yes. Sally Wourno's little bitch is absolutely wonderful. I'm hoping (keeping my fingers crossed that all Sugar's tests come back acceptable) to breed Sugar with her dog 'Ron.' Wanda was there also with Blade. Chris and Allie Cowe were there. Sue's little boy Jammers took reserve to Blade.

Sounds like fun! I like Ron too…and Blade 🙂

• http://www.basenjispecialty.org/bcoa-2007.html

This weekend marks the begining of the 2007 BCOA National Specialty in California, hosted by the Basenji Club of Northern California.

I know this yearly event is the Mecca for Basenji breeders and certainly our resident forum Basenji Breeders. I wish all attending this years event an enjoyable week and hope all have fun!:)

I want to get my soapbox out here and thank those very breeders that come to this forum everyday to lend thier knowledge and experience, your contributions can't be understated. Thank You all!

I know many have put time and effort into making this years Specialty a success, but a special thanks to our fellow foumite Pat (Tanza)…....good luck Pat, I know you've put in a lot of time and effort to make it happen.;)

For those of you in that area, it's the ultimate Basenjifest, try to get there if you can.🆒
    For those of you that are going to the Senjifest.........lot's of pictures please!:D 😃 😃 For those of us that can't make it.:D

• @Basenji_Boy:

http://www.basenjispecialty.org/bcoa-2007.html

This weekend marks the begining of the 2007 BCOA National Specialty in California, hosted by the Basenji Club of Northern California.

I know this yearly event is the Mecca for Basenji breeders and certainly our resident forum Basenji Breeders. I wish all attending this years event an enjoyable week and hope all have fun!:)

I want to get my soapbox out here and thank those very breeders that come to this forum everyday to lend thier knowledge and experience, your contributions can't be understated. Thank You all!

I know many have put time and effort into making this years Specialty a success, but a special thanks to our fellow foumite Pat (Tanza)…....good luck Pat, I know you've put in a lot of time and effort to make it happen.;)

For those of you in that area, it's the ultimate Basenjifest, try to get there if you can.🆒
    For those of you that are going to the Senjifest.........lot's of pictures please!:D 😃 😃 For those of us that can't make it.:D

Thanks for the plug for the National BBoy! I will be leaving arriving in NoCal on Tuesday. I plan to bring a laptop, so I can send 'reporter on the scene' notes each day…Pat and Lisa *may be a little too busy 🙂

• I'll be sending updates as much as I can from Nationals. Im wired…Laptop, PDA, Digital Camera. Ha! Gotta love technology.
    Unfortunately I started a trial this past week and now my schedule is hectic. Argh!
    Chance goes in the ring the beginning of the week so I'll keep ya posted.

• Cool! I'll get to meet Vanessa! Is Chance entered?

• @Quercus:

I plan to bring a laptop, so I can send 'reporter on the scene' notes each day…Pat and Lisa *may be a little too busy 🙂

@Vanessa626:

I'll be sending updates as much as I can from Nationals. Im wired…Laptop, PDA, Digital Camera. Ha! Gotta love technology.
    Unfortunately I started a trial this past week and now my schedule is hectic. Argh!
    Chance goes in the ring the beginning of the week so I'll keep ya posted.

Looks like you Ladies have it all covered.:D Group pictures are always nice….hint hint.:D

Wish I could be there:( .

Have a great time all of you and good luck in the ring.

Go Chance!!!!!:D 🆒 😉

Suggested Topics