• I get the results for my girls just a week ago or few more days.

Well, bad news and good news.

Maca (4 years) get clear and my tiny Laika affected. She is 2 years old and already fixed.

I was already making campaign at the mexican group and now more people are interested on the test, maybe will be the only good thing on Laika bad luck.

I dont talk with the breeder already but she knows because is on the same group.

Well i need to take time to check the protocol and get the labs to send Dr Gonto and check with her vet to see if she wanna be involved, if not will go with that vet to get the labs anyway and check the protocol my self.

I even know if here i can get gas blood test,.

Already Laika lose weight very fast and show her ribs, she is like that since i get her, and takes water often. On the other side she is healty, i made some blood test on december as a part of a first check basically to check the tropical parasites.

Maca gets positive for microfilaria and Laika dont. They take on a month basis the hart guard with invermectina, so fas Maca is doing well, the vet said that she need to take that forever and have and x rays of the chest and was okay.

Already any breeder is getting test like i comment 2 years ago, and on the facebook group we are making pressure and asking for the test when someone show up to sell puppys, but the true is, until now and Laika is a second case, nobody give a daam about that, now the people are getting the test, and is needed becuase all mexican breeders sold the basenjis full so the people need to check their dogs.

Thats all i wanna make the update on these forum

Adriana

• First Basenji's

so sorry for the bad news. but the good that comes from the test results is that now more people in Mexico are aware of the problems with Fanconi. Buena Suerte con sus perros!

• Adriana, please join the Fanconi group and contact Pam Hamilton at flbasenji@earthlink.net. She is dealing with so many fanconi dogs and might be able to help you getting blood gas tests and cheap supplements. Let's hope your gal stays symptoms free for a long long time.

• Sorry to hear of your news and hope all goes well for your Laika, you are a special person to speak up for the Basenji in Mexico. I hope the Testing for Fanconi spreads through Mexico like a wild fire to prevent any more suffering for dog and owner. All the best.

Jolanda and Kaiser.

• Adriana, I am sorry that Laika is affected, thank goodness Maca is OK. By all means get on the Fanconi Yahoo group, lots of experience over many years there. You are a champion for the breed in Mexico!

• Thanks to all, Laika are making well for now, taking water so often, well time to gather data, i start to change to raw food more often, and get some vitaminas soon.

I made a new group only for Fanconi tested dogs, with any result, already i ask for 3 more test for 2 people interested and I left the other group, the people dont like the breeder exposed and me talking about making the test.

Well i dont have the energy to fight with people i need all my energy to research on line and take my girls to walk outs after work, so in the group now is other basenji with fanconi and a few interested on keep on contact.. and even that is too much.. lol

I will carry on with the project of sending info to Sally Wallys to get maped more dogs on the database basenji.

But the goal is to pass time and take care of Laika and Maca. On Mexican culture, the doogs are breeding for profit or for some specific purpose and sadly the people like to learn on the hard way.

Wish luck to my girls.. time to get back to work, thanks again for the good vibres..

Adriana

• Adriana,
    It is refreshing to see someone new to the breed with so much caring about health and proper care. We are all glad you are here and trying to teach others in Mexico to proper way to have a pet and not just think of them as a way to generate money.

• Well i do my best about alerting about fanconi. there is a young vet that are bredding basenjis and making fanconi to his dogs and now have a litter from Summer and Blade the famous champion and will test all his litter prior to sell.

So he is good news, im still not breeding Maca, looking for a brindle male tested and register, but lately there is no one.

Now i member of the group have a litter but still he will make fanconi to the mom so im waiting to see the results to check if i get a puppy or maybe with Laika sick its time to just care my actual girls.. i dont know.

Greetings and thanks for support..

• I just get the mail answer from the last vet that i visited with Laika, well was not a pleasure visit, Maca was on heat and bite Laika so i took both with the vet, Laika is fine now but destroy a cage and make not easy the vets life.. so..

The vet is interested on treat Laika, yes! at least Laika was good while she was there. Laika is so sweet, well she is the queen of destruction too, but she is very shy and nervous and was so sweet with the vet, Maca dont for sure.. lol.. Maca is not well seen there.. lol

Now im going on to check urine often and check Laikas food. She is young and skinny now. I give all the food that they can eat. On the mornings and at nights.. but will add vitamins and some fresh and raw recipes.

At least im a litle bit relax for now. At least have a vet a board.

Regards,

• @Maca:

Well i do my best about alerting about fanconi. there is a young vet that are bredding basenjis and making fanconi to his dogs and now have a litter from Summer and Blade the famous champion and will test all his litter prior to sell. So he is good news, im still not breeding Maca, looking for a brindle male tested and register, but lately there is no one. Now i member of the group have a litter but still he will make fanconi to the mom so im waiting to see the results to check if i get a puppy or maybe with Laika sick its time to just care my actual girls.. i dont know. Greetings and thanks for support..

I have used Maca but not for long as it tastes awful. I was using it raw, putting it in shakes, but I couldn't take the taste. Maybe cooking with it is the way to go, I did not know that was a good option. I still have most of mine, I think I'll give it a shot that way. But as far as It being a caffeine alternative, there is not any stimulant effect.

Suggested Topics