• Been some time since I last visited here and much has happened in that time.
    Gossy (6yrs this Thursday) and Teddy (3 years on Sunday) have both received their rally novice titles and are working their way in the various agility games. Gossy has two level 1 titles in CPE, and 1 in ASCA, and working on two in AKC. Teddy also has his CGC title and of course his CH title (took an extra show to do it though). And both have started Nosework. Certainly keep me busy.
    They've turned into mighty hunters as well, working as a team to round up rascaly rabbits and birds and other creatures.
    And still they tear up the tissues and spread debris all over the place - LOL.

• Does sound like you have been busy, congratulations on the titles. Would love to see a team of basenji in hunting mode but wouldn't like the catch and kill bit of it, feel bad enough when the cat brings home a bird at least he eats it all so it's not a wasted kill I suppose.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• I'm pretty sure the prey drive is so totally ingrained that you might as well simply praise them and forget it. Mr Baroo and Buddy, AKA Bubba have developed the team hunt to prfection, we find the remains of birds, rabbits, squirrils and O'possims at least one a week now that they have teamed up. 😉

• Congrats to Gossy and Teddy! And you too…. how wonderful

• Congrats! It's not easy to handle one Basenji to titles, much less two. And, of course, protecting tissues and trash from the little hunters is even harder. 🙂

• It takes just a bit longer for basenjis to compete successfully in agility when compared to aussies or other people oriented breeds.
    But it sure is a big feeling of accomplishment!

• Putting agility titles on Basenjis is a lot of work, but I'm sure glad someone is doing it! I'm too lazy, but I love seeing what these dogs can accomplish. Congratulations!

Suggested Topics