• Wonderful pictures. Especially with his colouring! Hard to get good shots of dark dogs….and in the snow. Fabulous!

• Thank you. 🙂

• That's one handsome Basenji. 🙂

• Beautiful photos! Gorgeous boy!

• He is so handsome, I love looking at photos of him. I wish I could capture the expression on Oakleys face in pictures…usually you just see black!

• Dark dogs are always tricky. If you are close, you can use fill flash, but further away you need to get the exposure right. Perhaps paneane will share some secrets! e.g. camera type and exposure. Of course, when you get the dog exposed correctly you tend to blow out the background, especially if it is light. Some of the newer cameras "fix" this automatically, otherwise it's a multi exposure and photoshop job!

• Very nice pictures, the snow does make a very good back ground for your TRI, he is a beautiful looking dog and his collars are very nice too.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• He has such a pretty head. Thanks for the pics!

• First Basenji's

Hes so shiny and gorgeous!

• Thank you, guys. I find it easier to take pictures of a tricolor dog than any other, actually. I have a black flat coated retriever, and let's say - he's completely black. Find it much harder, but I work my way around. I think it's important to overexpose the snow when you take pictures of dark dogs.

I use an old camera (think it's 7 or 8 years old now? Canon have an 18 month cyclus before they release new cameras). I'm using a Canon 30D, and always take my pictures on manual mode. Can't stand the automodes - they always tend to underexpose when it's snowy outisde, and can also make the snow blue.

Here Kamar is with his best buddy, you can see the red in the tricolor helps out alot. 😉

• @paneane:

I'm using a Canon 30D, and always take my pictures on manual mode.

Well, that explains a lot. Nice, nice camera! I am jealous! 🙂 What lens are you using?

• @eeeefarm:

Well, that explains a lot. Nice, nice camera! I am jealous! 🙂 What lens are you using?

I use Canon 70-200mm f/4 and Tamron 28.75mm f/2.8. 🙂

• He is a beauty, makes me think my 3 R/W's are rather plain. But they will never hear me say that out loud.

• Sweet…. My basenji doesn't really like snow... But he knows the neighborhood.
    Good to see a Basenji enjoying the snow.
    Cheers

Suggested Topics