• Hi, My name is Jennifer and I got my first B in November. She is a red and white named Tiana. She was 3 months old when we got her. I got the puppy for my husband who had a B when he was younger and told me stories for years about what a wonderful dog it was. I originally was a cat person and we have had 2 other dogs in our family that I didn't really attach to but I cannot believe how much I love this puppy. She was wonderful with our older dog who just died 2 weeks ago from old age and she is wonderful with our children. Our whole family loves her and we look forward to seeing her in the morning when she yodels upon seeing us because she is so happy. I feel as though I want another one to give her company because she was always with other dogs at the breeders and when we took her home she used to snuggle and play with our big dog. I am happy that I found this website.

• Congrats Jennifer..from another Massachusetts resident! Perhaps we can meet up and introduce our Basenjis!! Glad you found the forum! Did you choose a New England breeder??

• Welcome and congrats! Who did you get your girl from? Many of us are related by our Basenjis.

• I did end up getting the second Basenji from the same breeder and they are sisters. They get along wonderfully. I got her from Debbie Hauri. Chealsie508 what part of MA do you live? I live in Eastern MA.

• Do you know the Sire and Dam's registered name? They could be related to my C-Me since she is bred like one of Debbie's girls

• sire: Mata Hauri Super Swag and the dam: Eldorado's In Your Dreams

• I have an Eldorado boy…I live in Attleboro near my breeder...

• It's exciting to see a fellow Massachusetts member 🙂
    Debbie has some nice dogs!! Congrats.

• My B Sonny is from Mata Hauri. He'll be 6 next month 🙂

• @jzzwife:

sire: Mata Hauri Super Swag and the dam: Eldorado's In Your Dreams

So, your girls are related to both my C-Me and Franie and Trip through their Mom, Mata Hauri Super Swag. C-Me is related to her Mom and Franie/Trip to her Dad

• Hi, welcome. We have 2 sisters, one year between them, and it is wonderful - both how they interact and how different they are in virtually everything.

• see, it's kind of like you just found a bunch of family that you didn't know about. Congrats on your new babies. Usually people wait a little before they realize they "need" a second, a third . . .
    you need to post some pics for those of us who did not get a puppy this year.

Suggested Topics