• You might want to check with AKC regarding changing the kennel name for dogs already registered. I'm not sure but I think the previously registered name stands in perpetuity.

• AKC doesn't care what you name a dog, including the kennel name, unless you have applied to register your kennel name which would mean no one else can use it, but you could still name your dogs whatever you wanted. Since she has never bred a litter, it is not like there are a bunch of puppies out there.

That said, even if you change what you want to call your kennel, anything named that would have the one you started with would stay that way, it would not be changed. For example, I use Tanza as my kennel name, if I wanted to now use Whatever, the ones already named Tanza would stay as Tanza

• If it's just length that's bothering you, you can use PL instead of Prairieland on their registrations. I believe Wonda Pooley shortens Adventureland Basenjis to AB on her dogs.

• Wanda does just use AB… for Adventureland Basenjis

• Thanks everyone. Well i really like the other name its shorter and i think it sounds better. Not just length but it just has a better flow. So i have decided to go ahead and change it to

AMORE BASENJIS

And since i have not had a litter i think its best to change it now before i need to register puppies. Thank you all, i really apprecaite the comments. I also dont think PL or PB would sound good, imo. So i decided ill just go with the change. Thanks so much everyone, i do appreciate you taking time to comment!!

• I do like amore better- for whatever reason… ( and I don't mean this to offend) but when I hear prairieland it makes me think ( BYB or puppy millish). I don't know why but that's my first thoughts. Hope this feedback helps

• @Chealsie508:

I do like amore better- for whatever reason… ( and I don't mean this to offend) but when I hear prairieland it makes me think ( BYB or puppy millish). I don't know why but that's my first thoughts. Hope this feedback helps

Thank you. No offense taken. I appreciate the input. I never thought about that but i am glad you said something because that is NOT what i want people to think when they hear my name!

I am with you tho, Amore sounds alot better and i am in the process of making my website –with the new name-- and it just makes me happier to have this name. but thank you. I do appreciate you feedback!! 🙂

• Did you check the Basenji pedigree database to see if anyone else might be using it? Whenever I think of a kennel name I like it always seems like someone else thought of it first. 😞

• @Nemo:

Did you check the Basenji pedigree database to see if anyone else might be using it? Whenever I think of a kennel name I like it always seems like someone else thought of it first. 😞

I googled Amore Basenjis, i facebooked it, and i zande sited it. There was ONE dog named Amore Mia. But that is all. i could not find any trace of someone having the name. So i am going to use it and hope that there are no conflictions. I am hoping that the amore mia was possibly just what someone called their dog, as a registerer. Because there is really no other signs that the name is being used. and you would think there would be more than just one, wouldnt you???

Well i will see what happens. I am going to use it until someone tells me otherwise i guess.

• There are alot of Amore Kennels (mostly small fluffy breeds, cane corsos, and a few other breeds) but there are no Amore Basenjis as a kennel name. Sooooo i am hoping that is a good enough reason to say i can use it 😉 🙂

Suggested Topics