Going to S CA B rescue to check a red boy

• Heading out tomorrow for a 2 day trip, 720 mile round trip with Buddy to check on this super friendly red boy named Paolo at Medfly Brigade Basenji Rescue in Southern CA. We'll see how the 2 get along. I previously posted this boy looking for his owner but no replies even on FB.

attachment_t_13937_0_image004.jpg

• Dan, are you hoping to adopt?

• @Chealsie508:

Dan, are you hoping to adopt?

Yes! I will take my B boy, Buddy and see how they get along. Karen, the lady that runs it says he's a big (35 lbs) super friendly sweet boy.

• That's very exciting, I hope the introduction goes well. My suggestion is to walk buddy for awhile before the intro, going straight from a long trip in a car into a meeting may lead to tension.

Best of luck!

• @nobarkus:

he's a big (35 lbs) super friendly sweet boy.

35 lbs is huge for a Basenji. Is he tall? My guy is overweight at ten pounds less than that! (not that size matters, but it's a good thing he is sweet!) 🙂

• @eeeefarm:

35 lbs is huge for a Basenji. Is he tall? My guy is overweight at ten pounds less than that! (not that size matters, but it's a good thing he is sweet!) 🙂

Buddy is a large male but not over weight at 30lbs. I think Karen said she put him on a diet so he's probably not 35lbs now. She said he was a large male.

• Doubt there will be much tension on Buddy's side… He is such a big lovable goof! Have a safe trip and good luck, hope it works out!

• First Basenji's

Keeping fingers crossed for a good introduction and a successful adoption!

• I hope it all goes well and Buddy gets a new friend and playmate! Arnie's dad was overweight and I called him pleasantly plump. He got down to about 28 lbs. which looked good on him. Some Bs just love to eat-no free feeding at my place.

Jennifer

• Good luck with the meeting 🙂

Suggested Topics