• About Basenjis not liking water. The dog park we go to most often is on a lake and he now spends more time in the water than out of it! I have to keep towels in my car because right when he's almost dry, he runs back into the water so I end up coming home with a wet, muddy Basenji. In the second vid, the middle part he was walking through the water sniffing for something. He'll even stick his face in the water to pull out sticks and seaweed and very recently has taken an interest in the floating balls that other dogs will retrieve. Goofy boy doesn't know what to make of the fish and will run away from them.

[yt]i_e6t4AV0-k[/yt]

[yt]V0DgE7z449M[/yt]

• Oh how fun! Love a dog park with a lake. We have a beach, sort of, on the shipping channel here but only Nicky and Chipley go in and not too often. Good for Loki, looks like he is having a ball!

• Show off, just rub it in!

LOL gosh that Loki is having a great time!

• Adorable! Loki clearly is having a blast!

When watching the first video, it seemed that Loki would only go as deep as he still could have his feet on the ground. But on the second video, it does look like he is swimming with the black dog. 🙂

• @Kipawa:

When watching the first video, it seemed that Loki would only go as deep as he still could have his feet on the ground. But on the second video, it does look like he is swimming with the black dog. 🙂

He likes to stay where he can still touch the bottom, but will swim out farther sometimes if a dog he is playing with goes deeper.

We also live on a small lake and though he's gone in the dog park lake without reservation for months, he's always acted like a typical B with our lake, even when chasing the ducks out of the yard. Until today. My father-in-law and husband were tossing in bread and Loki's old kibble for the ducks and fish and wouldn't ya know it? In Loki goes, chasing ducks and eating the bread and kibble! And he went out farther than he's ever gone in the dog park lake, actually swimming out, but of course the ducks were faster 😉

Suggested Topics