• This is a really silly post. But with the release of The Hobbit movie in the next couple of weeks I reread the book this weekend.

My wife and I have decided that although Basenjis came to us from Africa that they originally hail from Middle Earth. They seem eminently Tolkien-like creatures. In Middle Earth they use their ears to fly long distances and in dark and dangerous forests they sleep hanging from their curled tails. Although they have also been know to fly into Eagles nests and sneak in and bed down with Eaglets. Because as we know, a Basenji can get along with any creature, even a dragon if necessary. In Middle Earth they speak their ancient language of ur-Basenji, although they are famous for being able to keep secrets.

One breed to Rule Them All…

• @bcraig:

One breed to Rule Them All…

You got that part right!! 😉

• well, i could certainly see basenjis making an allience with dragons. But I always think of them as the velociraptors from Jurassic Park (very clever and always checking the electic fence!)

• @agilebasenji:

well, i could certainly see basenjis making an allience with dragons. But I always think of them as the velociraptors from Jurassic Park (very clever and always checking the electic fence!)

That's funny, because sometimes when I see our female doing something "sly" or naught or smart, I will say "clever girl" like the big game hunter guy from Jurassic Park. I think there is something raptor like (at least Jurassic Park raptor) in them too!

Suggested Topics