• I am a new member. And i am excited to talk to other basenji people. There aren't very many basenji's around me. My simba is a little over two years old and just got his championship in march. we were so excited that the breeder finished him for us. Since we just had a baby who is now 4 months old!:)

• CONGRATS! and welcome. Send pics.

• Congrats on the New Baby and the Championship of your B-baby. Enjoy the forum, good folk here, lot's of knowledge to draw from.

Ah yes post some pics.

• @August:

I am a new member. And i am excited to talk to other basenji people. There aren't very many basenji's around me. My simba is a little over two years old and just got his championship in march. we were so excited that the breeder finished him for us. Since we just had a baby who is now 4 months old!:)

Welcome! Your story reminds me of when I was showing our Bella (Ch Taji's Closing Bell at Quercus JC)…when she arrived at our house at 8 weeks, I wasn't pregnant...by the time she had been here a few weeks, I was! But I was still committed to finishing her (crazy!). So luckily, at her first weekend out, she won two majors (whoo...half done with points, half done with pregnancy!) We showed at several more shows that summer, until she was withing striking distance of her Ch. I didn't want her to finish before the National (how often does THAT happen to a person?). So in September (I am 7mos preg at this point) we drove from Ohio to Oregon and back! When we got home, my pregnancy got a little more complicated, so no more shows for me (even though I told my doc...but, but, I already entered, and it's a major, I can't NOT show!) I had Ethan in November, and by December I was ready to show again. Bella finished at her first show back out, I was exactly five weeks post partum! When I had her winning/finishing photo taken, I asked the judge if he would mind in I held my son in the picture, because, well...he had been in all of the other photos of Bella winning her points 😉 He smiled, and happily agreed!

Glad to have you here! Who is your boy's breeder?

• Congrats and Congrats! Oh yes, Welcome too! Send pictures…we love pictures...of all babies...fur and furless alike!

• Thank you guys! We are very proud to have simba in our live. My daughter Audrey absolutley loves him. she smiles at him all the time. and laughs when he comes over to lick her face. His breeder is A. Tad Brooks of Meisterhaus Basenji's! I am very thankful for him taking simba to the shows and finishing him.:)

• Congrats August for Simba's Championship and for the birth of your baby girl, Audrey. We might be neighbors in Michigan - Livonia. There is also another member here from the Plymouth area that has Meisterhause Basenji. Same breeder, maybe. Welcome! This is a fun forum with lots of tips and info. Would love to see some pics - bet they're both real cuties. 😉

• Congratulations on your new champion and on the birth of your baby! 🙂

Suggested Topics