• Worst or best friend…

I'm happy I fond my Basenji... Any thoughts

• Best friends - yes and so addictive. When I'm away from them I have a hole in my heart.

• Best friends ever! Every one I have ever had, and I will include all my friend's basenjis too!

• MORE than a best friend!

Kipawa has brought so much joy to our home - and he has been amazingly helpful for me and the chronic illness I have. 🙂 He's the best medicine ever. 🙂

• My heart Dog! I just got a tattoo to honor Basenjis

• Tattoo? Pics? 🙂

• Anyone else have a difficult time explaining to others why you love your Basenji when they have done something bad…
    For example, we had a family BBQ at our new place. Everything was going great until Husband went to turn on the BBQ. At some point during that day, Cricket had decided it was the perfect time to chew through the hose attaching the propane tank to the BBQ... why? I have no idea, but I do know it was attached that morning when I warmed up the grill to clean it.
    I told everyone to thank her. Husband has a tendancy to get distracted, thus creating a charcoal steak. The pizza was cooked to perfection... 😉

• To tell the truth, although i don't really have favourites I just love the baddest ones even other peoples. So if you feel blamed, Cricket, just come on over!!!

• My thought is that you can't have just one!

• Without a doubt, best. Loki is our first B and my husband and I love him to pieces. We've decided to get a second and I doubt we'll ever be without a B.

• I currently have Basenji number 5, over a period of time lasting from the late '60's to the present. Since 1975 I have been without one only for a lonely six months, so I guess I am hooked! 🙂

• Patty- then you would fall head over heels for my Oakley…..baddest most mischievious dog I've ever known ( and of course he happens to be mine!)

• @Knipper:

Anyone else have a difficult time explaining to others why you love your Basenji when they have done something bad…
    For example, we had a family BBQ at our new place. Everything was going great until Husband went to turn on the BBQ. At some point during that day, Cricket had decided it was the perfect time to chew through the hose attaching the propane tank to the BBQ... why? I have no idea, but I do know it was attached that morning when I warmed up the grill to clean it.
    I told everyone to thank her. Husband has a tendancy to get distracted, thus creating a charcoal steak. The pizza was cooked to perfection... 😉

Sorry, but Basenji's are not very good about telling them not to chew on this….
    Best thing to do is pick something up &'your Basenji will...

• My Basenji is a idiot… That's what makes him my best friend.
    Anyone that's got a Basenji in your life... Knows they are way to smart.
    Hopefully you wake up with a smile on your face. If not your Basenji will be right there to make sure you have a smile on your face.
    That's what having a Basenji in your life is like. My Basenji just happens to be a idiot... At times
    Cheers

• He is definately my Best Friend! There is never a dull moment with my B/terrier mix. He is a riot. I laugh at him all the time. When he cuddles with me I can't get enough. He is sooooooooooo smart yet at times he does things that make you wonder. I couldn't imagine being without him. I have a golden retriever which is my service dog and while I absolutey adore him, there is a different feeling there with Taz my B/mix.

• @Knipper:

Anyone else have a difficult time explaining to others why you love your Basenji when they have done something bad…

i had a similar incident. except with our boat trailer (pfft we dont need working lights for that anyway , right? lol) Ebony chewed the boat trailer light cord that connects to the car … so after a few swear words and a trip to the shop, the handy man hubby re-wired and MODIFIED our trailer connections (ahem, basenji proofed it), now we'll never have that problem again LOL

I wouldnt swap them for the world, they are so unique in personality and tricks and highly mis-understood by my friends (but totally amused by them).. 🙂 my friends just say i have two toddlers... lol

• My friends tell me my girls are the most beautiful dogs they have ever seen - all the family too - but - nobody will offer to dog-sit when we go away - wonder why. LOL

• As a 73yo who has had many pets, from standard poodle to pitbull and have loved and enjoyed all of them to different degrees, but a little over 5 years ago we adopted a little terror, abused female who I have loved intensly since the first day. In the first 2 years she was with us she destroyed our living room sofa AND love seat, ate the fronts of so many pairs of underpants we lost count. But I have fallen so far under the 'Basenji Spell' that we have adopted 2 more and rave about all of them. Karin's parents came up to visit for a week last month, they have been Schnauser people for decades, but after a week watching their girl and our 3 play in the backyard they were almost converted to B's.

• There's nothing like a basenji in the works, from the way they instinctively lay with their had on the bum looking the other way ( I've never met a B that doesn't) to the way you KNOW they all rub on wet towels or play bow…it's all very endearing and in this breed you often identify traits that they all have, an insight into their genetics and their behaviors. I've never enjoyed a breed so much.

Suggested Topics