• After a while of dreaming to be guestparents for doggies and doing a lot of research for this, our first guest dog arrived today!
    E.T. is a 11month old German shorthaired Pointer, she will join us for max. three months.
    She is rescued (by her current owner) when she was a puppie, more dead than alive.
    Her current owner is traveling over the world to work for animal welfare and agains animal cruelty.
    E.T. crossed his path and he could not leave her there, so he took her with him and rescued her.
    The only visible memory is her front paw, she can't straigten it and it's just "weird" they did a lot with this paw but it won't get better as it is now. She does not mind it at all and it doesn't hurt her.
    She is looking for a new home but I know she will make a family very happy as she is a great girl.
    Our pack loves her, we love her very much too after a half day! It's great to see the happiness in her eyes when she is playing with our doggies or when we hug her… such a great feeling to be helpfull for such a special lady.

Her current owner (the man who rescued her) brought her here this morning, and had his other dog with him (german shepard mix) "Foxy" also such a cute girl 🙂

Here are the pictures of today!
    Some are nog as sharp as normal but too cute not to share

The girls on the bed 🙂

Enya and Fox

Buana and Fox

Again Enya and Fox, Chaffie just walked away

Ryan and E.T.

Playing!

Ryan is playing along too

🙂

🙂

The girls against the man!

Playing outside!

Hunt the african!

Enya 😃

E.T.

E.T. just put her head agains Ryan… so sweet

Enya 🙂

Buana, lazyboy

Enya is being followed

Lady's looking over the harbor

JUMP

woohoo

Playing

Enya , crazy Enya

They are waiting for Enya

Basenji males eating basenji girl? hahaha

Just because it's funny, Ryan was baking sand cookies… and they did not taste good...

• Congratulation on your temporary addition. I've said it before but my second favorite breed is the German Shorthaired pointer! One day I hope to have one when I own a home and big yard…very envious! The pictures of her and Ryan are very special, you can tell she's smitten with him- too cute

• Thank you Chealsie 🙂
    She is very sweet and I never looked close at this breed but she is so much fun!
    Outside on the grass searching for holes and mouses.. too funny 😃 Barking and digging as crazy 😃

E.T. is looking for a permanent home.. so if you think Holland is not too far away… 🙂

• First Basenji's

That is crazy fun! Can't believe it all occurs on a 'house boat'. Wish we could stop by for a visit! Your pack looks like they have a grand ol' time anywhere!
    PS: wish I could understand your website! but the photos tell so much!!!!

• ET has been lucky to have such a lovely foster family. The Basenjis obviously don't get jealous when ET snuggles Ryan.

• Great photos and I love the new additions - good on you doing foster! BTW, I love that Ryan has a sand box on the ship…and I love that the basenjis share the sandbox with him. 😉 Very cute!

• Your dogs are obviously happy and well adjusted to welcome other dogs into their home! Looks like they are all having such fun, ET will have a happy time with you and the pack. That deck play looks so joyous.

• Thank you all so much 🙂

They all ajust very well, they just know they get their attention anyway because we are at home always 🙂
    So if E.T. is snuggling with Ryan, the others will snuggle with us haha
    Anyone that will visit Holland or Belgium one day, is welcome to come for a visit 😃

• I love looking at your pictures…

What a great crew of dogs you have 🙂 Congratulations on fostering your first rescue. It looks like you and she are having a great time with it.

• Who's placing bets on if you guys become "failed foster parents"????

What's one more?????

• What wonderful pictures! E.T. is such a sweet girl for putting up with the Basenji craziness.

Jennifer

• @Moth:

I love looking at your pictures…

What a great crew of dogs you have 🙂 Congratulations on fostering your first rescue. It looks like you and she are having a great time with it.

Thank you, we are enjoying her very much! She is as crazy as our Basenji's and also so sweet as them and I really nould not imagine that with another breed 😃
    She only misses the looks.. hahah

@vickilb:

Who's placing bets on if you guys become "failed foster parents"????

What's one more?????

🙂 Haha A lot of people are saying that BUT… we have to keep an eye on the future..
    E.T. will make a family and their dog very happy and we hope to keep up with her life but we want to breed with Enya and hopefully keep a little girl AND we will keep fostering dogs that are in urgent need so.. we will go true a really sad time when E.T. find her permanent loving home...

• Love the pictures Kim! Everyone looks like they are having a great time. 🙂

Boy do you keep a spotless boat - if you want to do more cleaning, there is a particular home in Canada that needs a bit of work!

Suggested Topics