• Now that the nice weather is coming (FINALLY!!!) I will be taking my B to the park more often. He likes to play fetch with sticks or just about anything so I was wondering..is chewing sticks bad for dogs?

• Gosh, I hope not! Abbey's 3 and she never chewed sticks until recently. She found one at the park and took it home with her to chew later. She had a special spot for her stick in the front yard but yesterday the man that cuts our grass took her stick so we'll have to find a new one at the park.

• just watch for any signs of distress. my dog chews sticks & wood all the time, yet occassionally he gets a chunk stuck in his teeth or jammed in his mouth. you also want to be sure they are not ingesting large pieces.

supervision is key when chewing on anything.

• Our's love sticks! They seem especially fond of sticks with thorns/stickers on them…......yikes!

I have a rose hedge they trim down for us every fall and nibble on it throughout the winter.:)

• Sticks! How lucky-I have to watch for the rocks!

• Our's love sticks! They seem especially fond of sticks with thorns/stickers on them…......yikes!

Mine too! :eek: :eek: I was afraid they'd get a splinter on their tongue or something like that. 😃 I'm a worry wart though I don't let them eat anything from outside. It's been harder with spring and all the new stuff growing around here.

• We live in an apartment community with lots of dogs so we try to keep Rye from eating grass or sticks due to all the disease passed through pee and poop. If we had our own yard we let him but under like Jessi76 said

supervision is key when chewing on anything.

• great..it's definetly cheper than those darn nylone bones he won't even sniff

• Forget sticks…mine likes to chew the crotch out of daddy's underwear...yuck!!!

• yeap our B too actually the croth of all things. Need to go shopping for some new jeans. Shame on us for leaving that stuff out though, especially the underwear..hahaha

• Oh Terry!!! That's hilarious… poor Don!!! Hollie loves to chew sticks!! I do supervise her closely. One day the stick got stuck in her mouth and she couldn't shut her mouth. I reached in to get it, knowing it was stuck and couldn't find it at first. The stick was stuck but it was between her gum and teeth. Once I remove it, she was fine, but it was scary.

• Hope Hollie was ok…You are a great mom...She is a lucky little girl...

• The people at the undie know me and my dog very well they asked me to bring her in so they could thank her for all the money i spend

• Our B has this odd fixation with digging crotchs. I call it "digging for crotch gobblins" Any time I sit down he will jump up and just start digging like crazy.
    Talk about embarassing when you have company over and your B starts doing that 😉

• Hmmm… this is just not related to your Basenji...gggg

• @Vanessa626:

Our B has this odd fixation with digging crotchs. I call it "digging for crotch gobblins" Any time I sit down he will jump up and just start digging like crazy.
    Talk about embarassing when you have company over and your B starts doing that 😉

Yikes!!! and Ouch!!!

• my B does that digging too though not on the crotch area (yikes and ouch is right) but he does digg at me when I'm sitting in his spot on if he wants me to move over and make room for him.

• Yikes and Ouch is right…I have to keep his nails trimmed all the time. It hurts like mad!
    I just can't figure out why he does that...not only to me but he has done it to others too.

• Yes, we do the crotch digging also, and then she lays in between my legs, she also loves to dig on my leather couch before laying down, and on my leather recliner. She has gotten Daddy a few times while digging in between his legs haha!!! Does anyone know why they dig so much?

• Its the imaginary Crotch Gobblins! Thats the best thing I could come up with

Suggested Topics