Basenji Beagle Mix Male For Adoption 5mo In SW OK.

• If you reread eeefarms original post ( which you also quoted) you would see the beneful was the specific food of reference not ALL foods, I think you misread therefore you would be wrong. In addition, I don't think it's fair to point fingers about getting off topic when you were the one who had to "set the record straight about the food topic"…you tend to start debates and then use the off thread topic excuse as if it's the other persons fault.

Chelasie maybe you need to go back and re-read. Take the time to look at how the sentence is written. At no time was Beneful mentioned in the dry or wet food statements. You are right, its not fair to point fingers when we asked several times to bring the thread back on topic.

In fact go back to the original comment in regard to food. The comment made was in response to the nutrition of the puppy and nothing more. Once you actually go back to that point then maybe you might actually see who took this off topic.

Last but least, we do not use the off topic tangents that originate with others as an excuse to blame them or place fault. We do however point out when it happens. Its very nice that you are defending your online friend. eeeefarms in particular clearly seems to love debates. Chelasie if you have not noticed by now, it takes more than one person to have a debate.

• @TwinDogsDifferentMothers:

eeeefarms in particular clearly seems to love debates. Chelasie if you have not noticed by now, it takes more than one person to have a debate.

There is a difference between debating and setting the record straight.

This was the statement made by Anubis's Mommy:

@Anubis's:

Yeah most likely not. My dogs all eat Beneful. They love it and are all good weight.

This is the reply I gave, referencing the food she was using:

@eeeefarm:

Beneful would not be on my list of preferred foods. Corn is the primary ingredient in the dry foods. Wet are somewhat better, with actual meat as the first ingredient after water…..

From the context, it is obvious that the subject is Beneful foods. Further, anyone who understands basic English grammar would know the second sentence in the reply refers to the subject of the first sentence. Otherwise the "the" would have been omitted. It isn't good writing to continuously include the subject in every succeeding sentence. And nobody on this board would misinterpret the statement, since obviously there are many, many dry foods out there that are grain free.

Anubis's Mommy, I am so sorry for the thread hijack. Please let us know when your little guy finds a new home.

• Farm: He has been adopted…but sadly his sister Keiko came back. Owner didnt research Basenji's enough...she took on the more Basenji characteristics...not just looks but her mannerisms. She escaped her crate and tore her house to shreds...but upon further questioning she told me she works a lot therefor Keiko was crated most of the day. No wonder she got bored. So she gave her back to me. So she will be available for adoption. This is the 2nd pup of mine who has been turned, Sad 😞 No one thinks before adopting a puppy.

• @Anubis's:

😞 No one thinks before adopting a puppy.

Very true. People get caught up in the "cuteness" and underestimate the work involved. This is why, especially with a "difficult" breed, it helps if you can find someone with previous experience. They know what they are getting into, and are far less likely to return the dog. I hope you have good luck finding the right person for Keiko. Being crated all day is just not a good scenario, so perhaps she is lucky she was returned to you for that second chance at the right fit. 🙂

• You might want to start a new thread with a current picture of her.

Sorry, I just saw the new thread!

Jennifer

Suggested Topics