• Hi, all. I'm new here, so I don't know who all might be listening. My dogs and I participate in Obedience, Rally, and Agility. Chaco has his CD and RN. I'm just starting him on Agility. Sable is now enrolled in beginning Obedience. I'm glad to listen to anyone who has ideas on training in these areas. TTYL
    Senjimom in Indiana.:)

• I started competing in rally last year. My boy, Nicky, earned his RN in April. My girls are still not quite ready. We are working on attention when we are out in new places. They know all the commands but when we get out to a trial they become very distracted.

I have started Agility training with my girls this Spring. Both of them really love it. They each are very different in their attitudes and training challenges. Rally, my 5 year old, has no fear and does everything with plenty of speed but sometimes gets so excited she forgets she is part of team and starts to do her own thing. Rio, 19 months old, is more cautious. She is great on her contacts but needs to work on her speed. My mom has just started Rio's brother in Agility two weeks ago and says he is just like Rally, very eager to do everything, sometimes twice.

Lisa Voss

• Hey girls….I have been working with Blondie on her basics, but I need just a simple list of the exercises that we would encounter in Rally....any ideas about where I could find that? Thanks 🙂

• The AKC website has a list of the signs and their descriptions, http://www.akc.org/pdfs/rulebooks/ROR999.pdf

At the Novice level it is sit, down, call front, finish left, finish right, and lots of heeling.

Lisa Voss

• Thanks, Lisa 🙂

Suggested Topics