• Does anyone get the urge to buy lots of martingales for their B's? Kiora has 3 walking collars right now and while, in a practical sense, I know she really doesn't need more…I still have urges to buy them! I just found this site: http://www.rushtotug.com/index.html and I really want to get one of their martingale leads. I had a martingale lead when I first got her and she just chewed right through it (and she chewed through Ananda's martingale lead too), and I don't really like flat nylon leads. This lead looks really strong though, and probably very comfortable to hold.

I am fostering a stray dog right now, a female, and Kiora is very put out. The foster dog needs lots of attention and socialization, as she is very timid. Buying something nice for Kiora might make me feel better about my divided attention. On the other hand this foster is putting a strain on my dog food budget as she is 60 lbs and a puppy. Hmmm.

Anyone else have a fancy collar addiction?

• Mostly I sew collar wraps (fabric tubes to slide over plain nylon collars) in remnants of bright, whimsical or exotic fabrics. They're easy to make, very inexpensive and can be discarded when worn or soiled…and they satisfy my need for variety and style. Plus I don't have to keep switching tags from one collar to another!

• If it makes you feel better, you aren't alone. Oakley has four different sets of martingales and leads and also has two different styles of hurtta harnesses…and I still find myself wanting to get him a silk set....it's never ending, and I swear- Oakley couldn't care less!

• Oh that's a good idea YodelMa; too bad I can't sew for beans. Kiora has a tag collar that she wears all the time, so I don't switch tags around…she just wears the martingale's with the tag collar (on walks that is).

You are right Chealsie! Kiora doesn't care how fancy her collar is so long as she gets walked!

I snapped a quick picture of her collars. The first one is a 1" slip collar from Northwind Whippets. I actually bought it for Ananda in 2005, but I accidentally bought the wrong size! I still had the collar a year later when I got Kiora. The second one is a 1.5" martingale from 2 Hounds Design, it was a little pricy but a very nice collar, and sturdy. The last one I got from a local collar maker I believe it is 1/2". It is a cute collar but I wish it was wider. The vendor told me she would never make a thicker collar of that size so I doubt I will buy from her again.

Anyone else have pictures of their collars?

• www.halsbanden.com good stuff, she probably ships to US also
    Here's Lela and Binti with her martingales: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PnFQunnQsW8kCyMZvyKnrQUSNgGKAOEAPXBoMSsGBXo?feat=directlink

• www.halsbanden.com good stuff, she probably ships to US also
    Here's Lela and Binti with her martingales: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PnFQunnQsW8kCyMZvyKnrQUSNgGKAOEAPXBoMSsGBXo?feat=directlink

• Wow, those are nice collars! Pretty dogs too!

Suggested Topics