• @Kipawa:

There are a lot of dumb owners out there. I'm appalled that the guy just watched all of this happen. But you want to be able to keep Hope well socialized. Perhaps there are times at some of the parks where there is a better 'blend' of dogs and more responsible owners? I have stopped taking Kipawa to dog parks on the weekends. Many of the dogs on the weekends have been holed up in the house all week and are just not acting very stable. Then add to it owners who have no time to interact with their dogs for a week. It's a bad combination.

I really hope that you can find a safe place for all of you to go to and feel safe. Are there any places that do doggie daycare where you are at? You could possibly bring Hope there and let her ease back into socializing to build her confidence back up.

I actually formed a "small breed social" (doggy social) when i first got Hope as a pup. so ive been making sure we attend these still as they are in the quieter times before it gets super busy in the evenings. I used to walk Hope & Ebby down to our local park, daily but we only continued our walk and decided whether the dog park was appropriate or not depending who was in there.. But since moving i live out of town and we have the beach to play on instead with the in-law doggies and so the dog parks have taken a back seat. But they still get to hang out with their friends 🙂

• I am so glad that You, your husband and Cricket are OK. You're lucky the bull mastiff did not attack your husband, Im surprised he did not, actually. I have had this happen to me so many times to our dogs. Thankfully it always ends up bad for the other dog/dogs. They go into fight mode right away, which does not make them great at meeting other dogs, but after this happening so many times, I don't trust the other dogs either. If I just have one dog with me, I scoop him up in my arms and that has worked well so far.

Suggested Topics