Will my basenji hold a grudge?

• @Shaye's:

Mine have been very hard to pill forever. What works a few times will suddenly be figured out and won't work the next. In the beginning I tried wrapping it in cheese, then giving a few pieces of pastrami and sneaking one in with the pill inside, then grinding it up in a mouthful of peanut butter, and eventually all those things would stop working and after the food was well and good in there, the pill would come rolling out on the floor, and I would have to do it the old fashioned stuff it down their throat way - they learned with most things to eventually avoid me when they thought I was trying to con them, and kept their distance. Now, miraculously, they have decided they love the pill pockets sold by Greenies, and actually come running when they see the bag and boxes of pills come out. That has been working for about 4 months and I thank the universe every time they swallow those pills!

Funny how they learn so quick both good & bad. I bought them some cheap american cheese slices for pills and they will not even try it. The only like the more expensive deluxe cheese!

Our one dog loves carrots, but only the sweet ones. He wont eat bland ones. So now he has become the carrot tester in the house. He is very accurate, it's a win win for everyone.

• Just make it a game & Basenjis have a way of tell you if they need something.
    Good luck

Suggested Topics