If you were going to add another dog….

• Well now that I have 2 b's…I think I'm set for a while.

If I got another dog, it would definitely be another b. If I couldn't have another b for some reason, it would definitely be a Parson Russell Terrier...I have tons of experience with them and to me they are an absolute blast. I've always wanted one that I could train to jump off a boat at a dock, throw him the bow line, and then have him tie the cleat. 😃

• if i couldnt have another B..

GREAT DANE 🙂 a blue one. ive actually researched breeders .. lol

ooorrrr a pit, min pin, or a chihuahua.. a cute one though not an alien looking one. lol

• @hdolbow:

if i couldnt have another B..

GREAT DANE 🙂 a blue one. ive actually researched breeders .. lol

ooorrrr a pit

Danes are cool, except for their short lives…..

• dan would NEVER let me get a great dane. just my dream dog. i think i'd like to have one as a puppy, or just until it got big.. because those things can touch ceilings if they can put their front paws on something. lol i know someone who had one.. it laid on the couch with me and took up the whole thing. i know i have a picture of it.. lol

plus three B's is ENOUGH for me. lol

• Bs are the breed for me! But if that were impossible. I love Dobies (I have had two), and I'm also kind of partial to German Pinschers and Manchester Terriers (I have never had either breed so I'd have to research them). I love clean lines, short fur, a square stance and a regal-looking appearance. Flopsy-mopsy, cute as they are, aren't for me. A nice temperament would also count big-time.

• @hdolbow:

dan would NEVER let me get a great dane. just my dream dog. i think i'd like to have one as a puppy, or just until it got big.. because those things can touch ceilings if they can put their front paws on something. lol i know someone who had one.. it laid on the couch with me and took up the whole thing. i know i have a picture of it.. lol

plus three B's is ENOUGH for me. lol

Our neighbors just got a great dane puppy –from a BYB from the description of the place; puppy is ten weeks old and had never been outside!! 😞 . He's beautiful, kind of the color of steel.

That said, his sire weighs 180 lbs. and stands TALL.

The family that bought the puppy is very small -- I mean, Dad is not 6 ft,
    Mom is maybe 5'4. The two kids left at home are an 18 yr old who is 5'2 and a 13 yr old who is under 5 ft tall.

Should get interesting......

• I was attacked once by a Dalmatian/great dane mix. Maybe attacked is the wrong word….
    You know how little dogs will hump your leg? This dog got up on its hind legs, put his front paws around my waist, and started going to town.:D I'm not tall, I'm 5'1. That dog was a full head taller than me standing up like that.:eek:

• hahahah yeah i've seen pictures of them putting thier paws on a mans shoulder and touch a kitchen ceiling fan.. lol

they are the most awkward looking puppies.. huuuuge feet and head and a little body lol i saw one at the vet one day.. it had just gotten its ears done.. cuter than cute though 🙂 i wish they were a bit smaller.. lol

one can weigh between 150-200 pounds! and are over 3 foot tall at the shoulder..

that steel color is the blue 🙂 i LOVE them! lol

just type great dane into google and you get some interesting pictures 🙂

• They are some amazing looking dogs- I totally agree….and since my little run in (btw- that story was only for laughs, I really have no problem with the breed at all) I have met some really sweet gentle danes, too- gentle giants.

So many breeds, so little time!

• I guess I'm pretty lucky as I have both of the breeds I truly love. I have always loved the norwegian elkhound and have a older one who is 13 now. He is the third one I have owned. Also the oldest.Then along came love, a new husband and the basenji's entered into my life. My long time batchelor(23 yrs) husband came with a black and white basenji named Oreo. Oreo passed away a few years ago but he started the hooked on basenji . We then got a red& white boy who is 4 and had a wonderful opportunity from our breeder to add a tri girl who is now 3. Brindle is the only color we had not yet had. My elkie will probably be the last one I own as we live in florida and summers are not the best for elkies. In fact I don't know of any other elkies in the area. He is the only one in my vet's practice. My husband has had basenji's for 35 years so learning to live with a barking dog at times is a test of his patience.None of the basenji's have ever yodeled. They are very silent

• great question..

I love da Bs… don't think I could ever have a life with out one. I'm just suckered by the winkles and all the mischief. If I had room for a third/fourth dog I could be happy with a Vizsla or perhaps a Saluki if I had someone to groom it.

• 2nd: a basenji
    3th: a saluki
    4th: a pharaohound

• @Schouiffy:

great question..

I love da Bs… don't think I could ever have a life with out one. I'm just suckered by the winkles and all the mischief. If I had room for a third/fourth dog I could be happy with a Vizsla or perhaps a Saluki if I had someone to groom it.

There are smooth coated Salukis….

• I want another basenji.
    If they disappeared off the planet I suppose I'd go for a whippet or possibly a italian-greyhound.

• @tanza:

There are smooth coated Salukis….

I know but I love the long hair.. it's sooo beautiful when they gait. 🙂

• I would add another B if I could. If that wasn't possible…hmmm good question....I think a Fox Terrier, or a Shiba Inu....what can I say...I LOVE Stubborn dogs. 😛

• I would get a "Lurcher"…Greyhound,Deerhound,Border Collie mix....:D

• I really like Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I'm hoping my partner's little brother gets a ridgeback so we can go visit. Post college and since basenjis I've really started to love the hound shape, with the small waist and the tuck-up and high on leg look. The hound group is my number one for sure. Danes interest me b/c whenever I see one I can barely fathom SO MUCH DOG! I don't know if I could have one though.

• I don't mean to offend anyone, but I have never met a "stable" Rhodesian Ridgeback…...I've seen many at Lure Coursing, and while out walking. There's something going on there..... Spooky about their demeanor. I wouldn't own one...just my 2 cents:rolleyes:

• I have two now (B and Bmix) so a third wont be for awhile. I want another B, and I dont think I could ever bring myself to actually get another dog thats not a B, but I really would LOVE to get a brindle boxer! They are so cute and the ones I've met very playful and fun.. but like I said if I get another I dont think I have it in me to not get a B!

Suggested Topics