• Hi! I am currently fostering a 10 month old B/W boy who loathes his crate. He shreds everything except for a decrepit wool blanket. This thing has been through the wringer and is the only thing my bitch, Nayru (B.R.A.T.), leaves alone as well. She's gotten a bit better so Toby (B.R.A.T. foster boy) got her blanket for now. He's got the most interesting set of vocalizations that I've ever heard. I used to think the noises they used on the "Goodbye My Lady" movie were faked. I know better now. :| My neighbors are SAINTS! I love your gift card/thank you note idea.

Toby gets a bone with peanut butter in it. He still takes about 20-30 to settle in. I agree with the others. Once he's quiet, nothing can make me go back inside. LOL I'd rather buy a new jacket than make him go through that again. He is now sleeping in the bed with me and the other animals in the house. It's crowded, but poor pup just needs to know he's not been abandoned yet again.

• Stern, EXACTLY, I'd rather by a new jacket! I get it!!

• How is little Waffles doing now? How are you doing? Any updated pictures?

Hugs and Roos- 🙂

• These suggestions all look awesome. The only thing i would add is try putting a tshirt you and your significant other have worn for a while. I would do this in her bed and in her crate it will help to soothe her and get her used to your scent. Its an old hunters trick for finding a lost dog but it works for anxiety as well.

• Waffles is doing really well! @Patty M, she started Baroo-ing! I was so startled at first it scared me! Now she does it in the morning when one of us wakes up, and she realized we are up for good to play with her and feed her, she lets out a loud baroo, almost like a puppy-rooster.

Crate training is going much better- she rarely cries (at least that we know of) she does try and hide in the morning when when she senses we are going to leave for work. she eventually succumbs to the deliciousness of cream cheese , but its definitely an ordeal! We're just taking it one day at a time. She is evening sleeping through the night about 25% of the time. There is nothing so glorious as 6 hours of sleep!!

Suggested Topics