• Couldn't resist snapping a quick photo. He knows how to let me know what's his and what's mine (nothing).

Gotta love this breed. 🙂

• He looks ever so stately! I think basenjis know that they are unique and possibly just a little cuter than many dogs.

Love his nice short toe nails!

• Love the picture and the expression. You've got it right there, Kananga. It's all yours!!

• Love the picture and the expression. You've got it right there, Kananga. It's all yours!!

• @Kipawa:

Love his nice short toe nails!

Surprisingly, I have only trimmed his nails once in the past 2-3 years. He manages to keep them short on his own. Probably due to how stubborn he is on walks at times (really digs into the asphalt/concrete).

Either that or he figured out how to work a dremel while I'm not home.

• @Kananga:

Surprisingly, I have only trimmed his nails once in the past 2-3 years. He manages to keep them short on his own. Probably due to how stubborn he is on walks at times (really digs into the asphalt/concrete).

Either that or he figured out how to work a dremel while I'm not home.

If most of your walks are on pavement, the necessity of trimming becomes less for sure. Since I have been running Perry in the fields, I need to do his nails more often.

• If this picture had a caption it would be…..Yup, that's right i'm the dog of the house. Ohh and yes I AM perfect.

• Great picture!!!

So much brindle have the same naughty expression 😃

• @Kananga:

He manages to keep them short on his own. Probably due to how stubborn he is on walks at times (really digs into the asphalt/concrete).

My girl Shaye is the same - - she's now 3, and I'm trying the Gentle Leader. Her "sister" Gemma is settling into it quite nicely, not pulling any more - Shaye still throws herself on the ground, digs her face into the dirt, lays down and won't get up - won't pee or poo on walks - obviously it's going to take longer for her to decide to just cooperate with it. She will or she won't, I can't have her digging and pulling constantly, my hands are nearly useless from it.

Suggested Topics