Anyone ever hear of this type of thing happening. This was in my newspaper this a.m.
Actually, I have been hearing about this more and more. It seems there are a lot of faulty electronic posts that seem to be faulty and then give a shock to either people or dogs walking by. I did hear about one not too long ago regarding a human. It was raining, there was a faulty post, the person touched the post to change the walk signal, and the outcome was not good. Technology does come with it's price. A lot of the electrical in cities is older now and has not been replaced in a very long time. so it doesn't surprise me. We just had our telephone lines replaced on the street outside our home-first time since about 1935!
I've heard about it with light posts and I've heard about it happening with sewer grates & manhole covers as well.
We had a dog die in our neighborhood by steping on a manhole cover and being electrocuted while be walked by his owner this past year. It's very scarey especially being someone who takes long walks in the neighborhood with Sonny every day..
I've seen on the news that these are also happening in San Francisco. I think the city said they'll fix them (at least the ones they've been made aware of) but who knows when they will actually finish them or if they have identified all the posts/poles that have this issue. Pretty scary.