• My lovely, lovely boy Digital, who has earned the moniker Brindlewonderkid, is 15 years old today. He was my first competition basenji and has been patient and kind to a very novice handler/trainer in the conformation ring, coursing field, agility ring, rally ring and as an incredible therapy dog. And my, what a wild ride all THAT has been! Along the way, he has brought me many many friends that are really more like family and shown me the joy of working as a team with another species.

He is still quite fit, still likes to fence run and flush rabbits. (Of course he's not so much of a threat to them any more.) Some days he even enjoys doing a little mini agility course and still enjoys visiting at the nursing home once a month. He went to the holistic vet a few months ago (he'd started peeing in the house) and Dr Jim could not find anything wrong with him. Nothing out of line, nothing stiff, no aches/pains, just seems his bladder has aged.

So, happy birthday to my wonderful Brindlewonderkid, Digital. I could not have done it with another dog (I did sort of try with Jet). I look forward to seeing what the next 15 bring us.

• Congratulations on him turning 15, a milestone. I hope you have many more happy years with him. Our senior citizens bring joy to our lives. 🙂

• Happy Birthday oh Brindlewonderkid! May you have more happy ones and continue to provide your humans with lots of love, as I am sure they will to you.

• thanks, i should have listed his full name.

mBiF, group winning, AKC Dual Ch (FC, Ch) Idlewild-Jerlin's Digital RN, SC, MX, MXJ, OAP, AJP, EAC, EJC, OGC, AD, ASFA FCh, TDIAOV, MVB, 2002/2007 #1 agility basenji (AKC rankings)

He is a very, very special dog.

• Happy 15th Digital!!

• Happy birthday x15 to the dashing Digital! Spencer the Tri Guy (14) sends baroos and wishes for many more happy, healthy years.

Hope it's a special day for such a special boy. (Such a shame we can't buy them new bladders!)

• Happy birthday Diggie, sounds like a seasoned veteran! Hope you both celebrate the big accomplishment of hitting 15

• Happy B-Day Diggie

• Happy B Day buddy!! Many more to come!

• First Basenji's

What a grand ol' age to be. Happy birthday, Digital!

• @agilebasenji:

thanks, i should have listed his full name.

mBiF, group winning, AKC Dual Ch (FC, Ch) Idlewild-Jerlin's Digital RN, SC, MX, MXJ, OAP, AJP, EAC, EJC, OGC, AD, ASFA FCh, TDIAOV, MVB, 2002/2007 #1 agility basenji (AKC rankings)

He is a very, very special dog.

Goodness! His business card must be HUGE! 🙂

• @Kipawa:

Goodness! His business card must be HUGE! 🙂

She missed the Ph.D. I'm sure he must have a doctorate in something! What a great dog. 🙂

• Happy Birtday!!!!!!!

• Happy Birthday! Love to see these types of announcements!

• Happy Birthday, Digital!

• Happy Birthday Digital 🙂

• @eeeefarm:

She missed the Ph.D. I'm sure he must have a doctorate in something! What a great dog. 🙂

Oh gosh, you're right, I did forget his PhD, but you know, I hate to brag :p

Actually, Digital and I are thankful for all the warm wishes. As a special birthday bonus, he will get to miss his hydrotherapy appointment tomorrow.

• Happy Birthday Diggie!!! Hugs from all of us 🙂

• Happy 15th Birthday, Diggie

• Happy 15th, Digital, collector of the alphabet! And many more!

Suggested Topics