• Breeders that should be considered "responsible" NOT re-testing breeding stock with the Direct Fanconi Test…...

And while, yes, the test has come out late for our breeding season for those that had already bred bitches in early September, there is no excuse, IMO not to have done the direct test as soon as it was available.

• It certainly does bring to light some peoples shortcomings that will hopefully be a decidig factor for prospective buyers.
    On a side note- good luck Pat with Sophies ultrasound this week

• Lets hope the clubs they belong to will put some pressure on them to conform.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Lets hope the clubs they belong to will put some pressure on them to conform.

Not a clubs responsibility… if anything needs to be peer pressure, as it was with the linkage test. And the "buying public" needs to be informed....

• LOL well responsibility–I don't know. I do know other breed clubs that will NOT advertise dogs without requirements met, or list those with on top. Maybe a free congratulatory notice for litters with all testing done on parents?

• @DebraDownSouth:

LOL well responsibility–I don't know. I do know other breed clubs that will NOT advertise dogs without requirements met, or list those with on top. Maybe a free congratulatory notice for litters with all testing done on parents?

There are many dog magazines that will and since the BCOA publication is quarterly and only goes to members, even if they did, not much punch to that. The BCOA gives recommendations. Peer pressure is by far for any breed the thing that pushes people to do what others consider required testing.

Suggested Topics