Re-introducing myself and my 10yr boy Congo from NJ!

• Hi there! A while back I introduced myself.. I was living in Jacksonville, FL. I had rescued a 10yr purebred red/white Basenji boy named Congo from BRAT. My roommate had decided to move in with her boyfriend and left me without paying her share of the rent.. also breaking the lease. I couldn't find another roommate and my hours got cut back at my job. Sadly, I was forced to move back home to NJ. My parents said Congo was not allowed to come with me under NO circumstances. It broke my heart. Congo is my best friend. I talked them into letting me bring him and stay at my friend's home until I get back on my feet and get my own place. He slept 15 hours in a cramped car with his head on my dad's lap. It was amazing. Anyway, to make a long story short.. he spent a couple weeks at my friend's home and I decided to bring him home for a visit/sleepover. My family fell in love with him and he's now allowed to stay!! He's been a wonderful addition and he's so well behaved. I get compliments on him all the time. When I went to pick him up after not seeing him for two weeks, he was so excited! I was so scared he would have forgotten about me. I love him so much. We brought him to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. She has a dog herself (greyhound/shepherd mix) and my cousin has a sharpei/lab mix that was there. My aunt has a big fenced in backyard and Congo was RUNNING his heart out and playing with the other dogs!! I was STUNNED! I have never seen him that happy! It almost brought me to tears. I brought him to dog parks all the time and he wouldn't even act like that. Even in his foster home with the 3 other Basenjis he didn't run/play like that! He is truly happy and finally HOME. I am so thankful for him. 🙂

Also, if anyone knows of any Basenji owners in Southern Jersey or near Long Beach Island or Atlantic City, please let me know! I would love to make some Basenji friends up here!

attachment_t_12390_0_1adf88f1459f478fba62b39254563885_6.jpg
    attachment_t_12390_1_congo4.jpg
    attachment_t_12390_2_83d2e5ff63d244f2bbff946f9a04f41a_6.jpg
    attachment_t_12390_3_42500cf2eaf0444c9471a76dcc3918c9_7.jpg
    attachment_t_12390_4_c6f0089b06e840a0a912c0e440712879_6.jpg
    attachment_t_12390_5_congo.jpg
    attachment_t_12390_6_congo6.jpg
    attachment_t_12390_7_ffc622e073b34bde8c957720198b802b_6.jpg

• I'm so glad this has worked out for you. The two of you sure look happy together. 🙂

• First Basenji's

Yay for Basenji charms, and Congo's power to convince your formerly anti-dog parents to accept him. I'm glad you were able to make everything work out. 🙂

• Basenjis (especially older, non-destructive ones) have a lot going for them: charm, quiet, lack of odor, charm…did I say charm? They can win over the most ardent "no dogs in my house" people. So glad you are reunited with your boy!

• The Basenjis win through again!! I'm so pleased that your problems seem to have been resolved and that Congo has won himself into your family's heart.

• Thank you all! And yes, he totally won over the hearts over the "no dog nay-sayers". Obviously these people have never met a Basenji! haha ❤

• Oh wow, how wonderful of a story to sign on to. YEAH!!!! Good luck with employment and a new home of your own but sounds like things are going good all around!

• Chuckle…. hehe. Your parents got taken in hook, line and sinker. Who can turn away from a basenji!

SO glad that things have worked out for you. 😃

Suggested Topics