• hi all yeah its been awhile have been following some of the postings here finally getting some time .. i think?.. anyway isis is so great cant even put into words. we've been very lucky with her she grew up so far without destroying anything when left along,but she has the lab to mess with,(1 of my labs is waiting for us at the rainbow bridge) i think it helps with the wife being home and training her,plus with the 2 labs she really picked up on the routines of every day life, she friendly and gets along with other dogs etc. the ferrets i still caged when she around lol, trust can only go so far

• Okay, where did you get this dog and can you clone her? OMG, IN THE WATER? IN THE WATER? NOT SCREAMING? NOT HOLDING UP A FOOT SAYING YOU KILLED HER? OMG.

She is lovely and can you please take Cara and teach her she won't melt?

• @DebraDownSouth:

Okay, where did you get this dog and can you clone her? OMG, IN THE WATER? IN THE WATER? NOT SCREAMING? NOT HOLDING UP A FOOT SAYING YOU KILLED HER? OMG.

She is lovely and can you please take Cara and teach her she won't melt?

Maybe it's a color thing. Jet the trying will go in up to his elbows.

Oh, and welcome back

• Both of my girls willingly dove into the water trying to catch the ducks…. And more then just one time

• Any of mine will go into water to chase prey but just for the fun of it only a few!! Lovely pictures and pleased to hear that you are all getting on so well.

• r/w's like the water too 😃 i haz proof!! 😃

:p

btw - shes a gorgeous basenji! 🙂 and what a pretty place! do you get to go there often or was it a special trip?
    attachment_p_146474_0_hope-water-2.jpg
    attachment_p_146474_1_hope-water-3.jpg
    attachment_p_146474_2_hope-water.jpg
    attachment_p_146474_3_merlin-n-hope-5.jpg

• Nah, she is broken Lysh…

Methinks you need to take her back and get a replacement :p...

• @Lysh:

r/w's like the water too 😃 i haz proof!! 😃

:p

btw - shes a gorgeous basenji! 🙂 and what a pretty place! do you get to go there often or was it a special trip?

Goodness… my eyes are popping out here... a basenji that goes into the water up to it's armpits?!?!?!

• @Kipawa:

Goodness… my eyes are popping out here... a basenji that goes into the water up to it's armpits?!?!?!

Check this out! My girl would leap off the dock into the water…...and no, I didn't pull her in with the rope, I had that on her because she used to try to "chase" water skiers. If I was in the water and encouraged her, she would jump in and join me. (this photo is from the early '80's)

• lysh, its a local state park here the families get together for a cook out etc, its cool seeing all these b's in the water 🙂 btw the wife spent 3 week vacation over in NSW,a few years back. i was surprised she came back, she loved the place so much, i had to go to the thrift store and get all her things back..lol

here's another pic with my daughters and her b/friends aussie cattle dog

• What is up with all the water loving B's??? Tucker thought he could walk on water once…...then he found out that it was well....water and sank. Good luck getting him even close to a shore-line anymore. He hears the water lapping and heads the opposite direction.

• @krunzer:

What is up with all the water loving B's??? Tucker thought he could walk on water once…...then he found out that it was well....water and sank. Good luck getting him even close to a shore-line anymore. He hears the water lapping and heads the opposite direction.

hahaha this cracks me up! - reminds me of my story when i first took Hope out in the boat when she was a naughty puppy and didndt want to listen to me so …she "discovered" water isnt the same as land...

She could see the beach over yonder and must have thought- bugger the boat im going to go for a run (we werent moving and planned it) so we let her go up to the sides of the boat and she jumps the side all in the one stride as if to say "yipee im outta here and your not going to catch me" attitude....

To do this day i just crack myself up laughing as her face was absolutly PRICELESS when she went under and came back up (other half was already in the water plucking her out). She surely stayed in the boat after that and behaved. (we had to let her do it cos she thought she could walk on it and we kept saying no not go over the sides and she wouldnt have a bar of our 'no' so we parked up and let her do it - she learnt quick!). Despite all that - she still loves water as those photos are fairly recent!

@mustBcrazy:

lysh, its a local state park here the families get together for a cook out etc, its cool seeing all these b's in the water 🙂 btw the wife spent 3 week vacation over in NSW,a few years back. i was surprised she came back, she loved the place so much, i had to go to the thrift store and get all her things back..lol

here's another pic with my daughters and her b/friends aussie cattle dog

it is an absolutly gorgeous place!! very lucky 🙂

Suggested Topics