My red/white teenager is ready to move in with you! (San Diego, CA)

• Andrew– Your Logan is distantly related to my Spencer. Spencer has always been a sweet, kind dog, with the gentlest, most loving temperament, so perhaps Logan shares these traits. I'm so glad you had him tested for Fanconi and I'm relieved that he's not afflicted, because there are many Fanconi dogs in that lineage. I'm happy that Logan is one of the lucky ones, and I wish you all the best in finding a wonderful forever home for him. He's a beautiful boy, and I wish I could take him. If he were female, I would. I don't know how I can help, but let me know if I can.

• @switchlanez:

San Diego weather is close to ideal year round, our fences are high (he's not a jumper), and we would line the backyard so he can't dig out, can he live in a sectioned off area in our backyard with another dog? I'd think so if they've lived outdoors for centuries in Africa.

He's a lovely looking dog.

I think the dogs in Africa enjoy a lot of time socializing with their humans. I'm so sorry that your situation changed so quickly that it has made it not possible to keep a basenji. Rather than keep him outside all of the time, please try to find him a home that will love him. Contact BRAT.

• UDDATE: When it came to the point handing him over to a new family, my family insisted to continue caring for him after realizing how beloved a family member he is. (Also consider this thread was started on impulse in reaction to my employment situation.) My travel situation got postponed so I've had a few extra weeks to train/transition the duty over to them. Logan is in very loving and capable hands. Thank you everybody for the concern and honest advice!

Suggested Topics