• So I wanted to find my breeder's contact information again since my phone wiped itself and I lost it so I went searching on Kijiji where I found the breeder. I couldn't find the original post but when I searched "basenji" a post came up asking for information on a puppy they just adopted, a black basenji from the humane society that was given up.. the pup even had roughly the same age as Basil (of course they don't know the exact date). Then I saw the picture… I swear it looked EXACTLY like Basil. She said she was all black with white on his chest and back legs... just like Basil. So I emailed her and said that I was pretty sure that this pup was Basil's sister. I included a picture of Basil and told her that I got the pup from a breeder in St. Malo. She replied saying they looked identical 🙂 then asked me some questions about how he's doing with house training (hers still isn't there yet) and I asked about her biting... she said she does the spray bottle and it's helping. It's so cool that I found his sister though 🙂 I'm sad that she was given up, the lady said she was given up by a couple that gave her up because they weren't sleeping... uh DUH you just bought a puppy... what did you think it was going to be? sweet dreams and kisses from the start? People really frustrate me. Anyway, I thought it was cool!

• Very cool, hopefully you can get together!

• What a great story! I hope you can keep the connection… have a playdate if you are nearby? 🙂

• What a coincidence - are you going to invite her on to the Forum?

• I was actually thinking about doing that as she had some questions about the breed.

• We would love it if she would join.

• Houston

How much fun..make sure you take lots of pics if you get together..:)

• How cool that you found Basil's sister. I hope you can get them together.

Suggested Topics