• I just wanted to have a bit of a brag :D…

I have been putting my certificates, (those that we in Australia collect to 'prove' how many points our dogs have towards their championship title. We need 100 points), away in a pile, and this weekend I decided to count up Vanda's points, wondering how far away she is..................................................................

103 points now makes her unofficially known as Australian Champion Wazazi Living Doll... Yay for Miss Voo-Voo, as she is affectionately known :o

• Congratulations 🙂

• Excellent! Enjoy her new status. 🙂

• WTG! OMG though 103.. so you have to beat dogs, not individual shows points,or are the wins high points or what for a championship?

Here a champion is 15 points, but you must have 3 majors (ie a win worth 3 to 5 points) in that. IOW the most you can get for a win is 5 pts.

• YAY!! Way to go! It does feel good to have a Champion doesn't it?

• Many congratulations to you and Vanda

• What a happy surprise for you - congratulations!

• Congratulations! It is very nice to finish them.

• Thanks everyone :D…

Debra, the way our shown scene works is... We are able to show babies from 3-6 months, but they cant compete for points. From 6 months they become eligible for points towards their Aus Ch, dogs and bitches... If you are the only bitch, you can receive 6 points, (the minimal number of points you can get), providing the judge deems you to be 'of such outstanding merit, as to be worthy to qualify for the title of 'champion'', (thats what the certificate states on the bottom).

We have minor puppy class... 6-9 months, puppy class... 6-12 months, junior... 9-18 months, intermediate... 18-3 yrs, statebred... 6 months onwards, but must be born in the state in which it is being exhibited, ausbred... 6 months onwards, but born in any state in Australia, and finally Open... 6 months onwards, born anywhere in the world.

The winner of all the bitches who have won the above classes, compete for challenge bitch, (best bitch), and the same is done with the boys, and each challenge winner competes for BOB... The points are allocated as such, an automatic 5 points, then 1 point for each bitch beaten, (that would be the points for bitches), then the same for the dog... In the last few years they have also added another thing, whereby you also get a point for each of the opposite sex beaten, BUT, only for the BOB winner...

An eg........ 6 bitches shown, so that would be 5 points, and 1 point for each bitch 11 points. In the boys, only 4 shown, so challenge dog gets 9 points... BOB is the bitch, so because the bitch has beaten all the boys as well, she will get a 14 point BOB... Am I making any sense :p !!!

Then Best in Group, is 25 points, and Best In Show is also 25 points. The maximum you can get in the 1 show is 25 points, so no adding of all the points up for each win you have had, on the day. A dog can get its Australian Championship at 4 shows, providing you can get 25 points at each show...

Clear as mud huh 😉 :p 😃 😕...

• @DebraDownSouth:

WTG! OMG though 103.. so you have to beat dogs, not individual shows points,or are the wins high points or what for a championship?

Here a champion is 15 points, but you must have 3 majors (ie a win worth 3 to 5 points) in that. IOW the most you can get for a win is 5 pts.

That would be 2 majors, not three

Suggested Topics