Male R/W - Seattle, 3 yrs old?

• The eyes on this young boy caught my attention… does anyone recognize this 3 yr old boy from Seattle? (I wonder if the person would be interested in placing him with BRAT?)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pet/2500721914.html

The ad reads:

BEAUTIFUL RARE BREED BASENJI DOGGY

Date: 2011-07-18, 12:23PM PDT
    Reply to: comm-yv6bf-2500721914@craigslist.org

MALE BASENJI DOG. 3 YEARS YOUNG WITH PLENTY OF PUPPY STILL IN HIM. GREAT WITH KIDS, ADULTS, AND OTHER DOGS. CATS NOT SO MUCH. LOVES TO GO ON WALKS AND RUNS. IS UP TO DATE ON ALL SHOTS AND HAS BEEN NEUTERED. THIS BREED DOES NOT BARK SO GREAT FOR APARTMENT. LOOKING TO RE-HOME TO FOREVER HOME WITH DOG EXPERIENCE. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK. SMALL RE-HOMING FEE APPLIES.

attachment_t_11718_0_boy-seattle-072111.jpg
    attachment_t_11718_1_boy-seattle-072111-2.jpg

• I see that the Craigslist posting has been deleted.

• This is the second time this dog has been CL posted. First time he was 5 yr old. I was not able to recieve a call back on him, but a friend of mine did get a call back.
    Seems this fellow was only interested in getting the $$ for this boy. Sigh. Hope he falls into kind hands.

• Perhaps bought at a petstore-overpriced and is trying to recoup some of their money. At least the dog is neutered! How much were they asking for him?

Jennifer

• $275. Which isn't a whole lot, but more than rescue pays. Also, I sent his photo around, this dog looks like he came from one of the breeders in the PNW. But no one has claimed him. Which is very unusual. Mostly these breeders step up and raise heck when one of their dogs is put in this position.

• Sharon, if you can find this boy again please contact me and I will pay their fee so BRAT can rehome him, it's a shame to see the dog suffer bc of human greed!

• Chealsie, thank you for this offer. There is something not right with the owner of this boy.
    First ad was the dog was 5 or maybe a bit older. Now they have "rewritten" it and the dog is 3.
    I will let you know if I see the ad again. Bless your heart for this offer. There are so many basenjis needing homes right now.

• You can email me at chealsie508 at yahoodot com if you see a dog really in need. I live alone, with no children except Oakley and to help out a basenji needing to get out of a home like that is the least I can do. Three hundred dollars to give a dog a better life is, in the long run a very little price to pay

• ^you have a very kind heart!

Suggested Topics