• That is wonderful, hoping for a complete recovery. Hugs to you both.

• Houston

So so very excited..I can not even begin to understand your happiness right now..Good for Dexter to show how it is done even in extreme hardship..at such a young age. I am very happy for you both. :D:D

• Wonderful news! Surviving in that kind of environment is what Basenjis have done for centuries. Basenjis can live on mice and birds just like cats.

• I'm so happy to read this! I hope it can serve as inspiration to anyone who has a dog that goes on walkabout.

• So happy for you and Dexter!!! YAY!!!

• Hurray! 🙂 So glad to know that you are reunited…. hugs to you and your son (and roos to Dexter, lol) 🙂 🙂 🙂

• This is awesome news. Basenjis are tough little dogs.

• Thank goodness the breed has not had all of their natural talents bred out, those are what kept him alive until rescue. So very glad for all of you! Who managed to bring him home?

• First Basenji's

Thank God indeed! It sure would be interesting to hear his story as he saw it-20 days! Geez, can't imagine, but what a great ending! Better than any Lassie story! (you should call the local news station-a human interest story (animal interest) for those that don't think that their dogs could be frightened by loud noises!) Please keep us updated on Dexter's progress. When you say he could hardly see, was it due to the tick infestation? Go bake him a welcome home chicken!

• Great idea, do consider calling you local paper or TV, good story to show next year to remind people to secure their pets before fireworks. I hope he is back to 'normal' soon, I imagine he is very happy to be home with good food, fresh water and lots of love.

• In the old book/movie, "Goodbye My Lady", the basenji was lost and living in a swamp when rescued by the boy. Dexter was re-enacting that role, perhaps!

Suggested Topics