• @lvoss:

You can order the harnesses online, http://www.wiggleswagswhiskers.com/

Nicky is in a small.

Thank you.

• Lisa, is he just barely in a small? or could a slightly bigger Basenji fit into a small. I would like to get one for Hippo, but he is a the large side..

• His is taken in about a 1/3 on the chest side straps and almost a 1/2 on the under strap so plenty of room to adjust smaller and still a ways to go on the larger side but if your boy has a good amount of girth you may want to go up to a medium.

• @Quercus:

Lisa, is he just barely in a small? or could a slightly bigger Basenji fit into a small. I would like to get one for Hippo, but he is a the large side..

My dilemna as well. Kipawa is 26.2 lbs. Wish they made something between small and medium.

• I really think the small would work for the vast majority of basenjis. Even my biggest around basenji would still fit this small. It has probably 4 inches I could still let out around the chest which is what would need the most adjusting.

• Fran, if Kevin and Therese are going to come out to the lure event this weekend in Cathlamet and if they have a similar sized dog to Kipawa then we can test it on that dog and let you know if you will have enough room.

• I think I am going to order a small, then if it is too small, I can use it on one of the girls.

• That makes sense, and when you have more than one basenji chances are it will fit someone.

• I think I'm going to order 1 too. Buddy is 28 lbs but will probaly be fine with a small.

• Those look very nice. I use harnesses for Eddie due to neck issues that presented as a severe limp right front leg/shoulder. A good friend/chiro felt around and thought it was actually neck, so we do "gently pull his head off' stretches when he seems stiff and that , combined with a 'step-in' harness has made a huge difference. I hope your Nicky is better soon and that the harness helps him as much as one helped Eddie.

Suggested Topics