Basenji, I'm Overwhelmed…..HELP!!!

• First Basenji's

Hey noob! First welcome, and yes you are in the right place for information! MacPack has a good reply and tlish….I have had my boy Uzie for 3months now. He was crated at the breeder, then about 20 hours a day by the previous owner for the next 10 months. He is only crated at various time now, but he still baroos if left in for over 2hours. My mentioning this is just to let you know it is so wrong to keep him in that wire box for too long. It has taken me the 3months to help him overcome separation anxiety, counter-clockwise circles of anxiety, and then some. They need stimulation, stimulation, exertion with a running exercise, and then some for mental health. Can you actually have a doggy day care, or 'dog sitter' break up the day? I realize you go to work and school, so do you think you are doing right by having any dog????? esp a Basenji. Please do not crate him at night, this is at least the bonding time for you all as a 'pack' Please think through the scenario of the situation thoroughly. Maybe a cat for companionship? They do better alone as a species than a dog....(you said no matter how harsh...)

• First Basenji's

I just read through the entire previous 6 pages. I will tell you that he probably keeps on screeming all day. Uzie did per the previous owners' housemates…...NOT HEALTHY FOR HIM. poor Buddy.....

• Folks ignore Pottypuppy… spammer link to blog selling.

Suggested Topics