• just wondering if anyone elses b's burp after eating their breakfast? or have heard them burp?

we have never heard a dog burp! she looks very satisfied after burping like she enjoyed her meal… or maybe learned behavouir from the humans? (lol) !

(note: shes on good quality kibble and gets raw bones/meat once or twice a week & has been on this since we got her from the breeder , shes 11 mths old)

• My Nicky, 13, walks over to us, looks at us, and gives one burp after her meal, or after a nice treat of human food. She does it all the time, looks in the eyes, 1 burp, then turns away. We feel it is a little "thanks, mom, yum".
    Others may have a rare burp on occasion, but Nicky does it almost every day.

• LOL, my old Maggii ate so fast she always burped after.. and it was loud… no doubt when she finished!

• @MacPack:

My Nicky, 13, walks over to us, looks at us, and gives one burp after her meal, or after a nice treat of human food. She does it all the time, looks in the eyes, 1 burp, then turns away. We feel it is a little "thanks, mom, yum".
    Others may have a rare burp on occasion, but Nicky does it almost every day.

Yes, that's exactly what it means at my house. Usually right before they wipe their muzzles on the sofa or bedspread.

• Callie is a very quiet dog. I've never heard a baroo, yodel or yip from her. The ONLY sounds she makes are growls, screams and burps, burping being the single most common noise she makes. It is extremely loud & unladylike, and she often does it right in my face. Several times a day.
    Lola almost never burps.

• Cody burps almost after every meal. Usually faces me burps once and then either rubs his head on the couch cushion or motions for me to rub his face. Not sure if he make a noise when he burps, I am hearing impaired so I don't hear most noises. Auoroa almost never burps but is usually much slower at eating her food.

• First Basenji's

Hehe, yup. It's darn cute. She extends her neck and gets just a little buggy-eyed for a sec, then resumes whatever she was doing before.

• @Andrew:

It is extremely loud & unladylike, and she often does it right in my face. Several times a day.

Andrew, oh how this made me laugh! 😃

Kipawa burps sometimes after a meal, and I swear when he needs to he holds onto it until he is beside Darrel or myself. So, Lysh, sounds like everything is copasetic at your end!

• bahaha!! oh yay! glad im not going crazy….. i could have sworn she burped at me 😛 she does it after a satisfying meal. must try to capture this on vid! hehe

• @agilebasenji:

Yes, that's exactly what it means at my house. Usually right before they wipe their muzzles on the sofa or bedspread.

So funny….Every night after dinner Sonny's does the same thing..walks in the living room, lets out a burb you'd expect from a 300 pound man and rolls around on the carpet wiping his face all over :p

• Isn't it amazing that Basenjis all over seem so alike? Gbala always jumps up beside me after a meal, looks deep into my eyes .. and burps! The others do burp but not always just for me!!

• Yes, with this thread I think we have all discovered a basenji trait that is never spoken of or published. Kind of like being a part of a special group, like the Freemasons. It's all hush hush…. shhhhh... just enjoy the burps but be very discreet in who you tell about it. 🙂

• Blaze burps, too, after a meal, although he doesn't do it to us. He also often gets the hiccups after he eats, probably because he inhales his food!

• @smithadam576:

It is difficult to get them through their first 2 years, and many people give them up before they become an adult.

I suppose they don't appreciate the fun that is encountered the first two years.

I'm always looking forward to what my B will do next. 😃

• Shaye burps after she has eaten if she eats more than her usual nibbling, and has no reaction as though it's just part of the meal. Gemma (the mix) only burps occasionally, and hangs her head immediately as if she is thinking "oh my, that wasn't very ladylike."

• Well this is all so reassuring…I thought my B's burping was unusual but I guess it's quite common!:D

• I think its cute…Anubis will chow down his breakfast or dinner or even a snack and then come over to me, Burp and then go spazz out with his toys. You can hear his burps too...they are pretty loud. Anubis eats Beneful dog food and gets raw meat/bones a few times a week as well. He particularly loves it if im outside grilling....he usually gets thrown a raw rib or two when hes outside with me. Or a chicken drumstick if Im cooking chicken. He loves it!

Suggested Topics