• I have just started reading "The Basenji Revelation" by Simon Cleveland. I purposely bought the ebook because it mentioned a basenji in the title and I would like to read stories about basenjis. I was startled to read this sentence, "My little furry friend wagged his tail and whimpered from the confines of the cage." Have any of the members here seen their basenjis wag their tails? Both my dogs let their tails uncurl when they are in a really relaxed mood, but wag their tails??? Has anyone else read this book and if so, what did they think of the book (please don't tell me the ending as I am only 25% through it) and can some of the members suggest a basenji related book to read?

• I've read this book and thought it was RUBBISH!!! I have a paper copy and, like you, bought it coz it mentioned a Basenji. The story was a quite poor but what really got me was the lack of proof reading that had been done. There are spelling mistakes, words missing, wrong words etc etc the whole way through the book.

However, all of my Bs wag their tails, albeit not exactly the same as a Labrador may but their tails definitely wag from side to side and round like a helicopter 🙂

Have you read Goodbye My Lady?

http://www.zandebasenjis.com/books.htm This is a good link to B related books.

• Yes, all of our Basenjis have wagged their tails…looks like a little on-edge donut going side to side.

• Kipawa wags his curled up tail - it's adorable!

• Haven't read the book…Scarlett wags her curled tail. Her tail curl is quite tight which makes it look weird to me to see such a little package move so quickly (as she is my first Basenji).:)

• First Basenji's

Mine definitely wags her tail. Curly tail wags are the cutest thing… and far less lethal than a straight-tailed whip. 🙂

As for books, here's another list that I like:
    http://www.basenji.org/BasenjiU/Owner/Books/104BiblioIndex.html

I haven't read many, but I actually prefer a non-fiction memoir like Veronica Tudor-Williams' Fula, Basenji from the Jungle. Call of the Marsh is next on my list…

• My B's wag their tails. Their whole bottom wags when they are so happy to see you.

Rita Jean

• Dex wags his tail too. Not all the time though, so when he does it I get excited. 🙂

• suki also wags her curly tail.

• Thank you all for the informative replies. I was surprised to hear so many have basenjis that wag their tails. I have never see that in any of mine. Benkura, I thought it was a problem in the transforming from hard copy to digital. I too find the misspellings a daunting way of reading a book. Thank you all for the suggestions and links too. 🙂

• I highly highly recommend The Collected Kona… It is a collection of stories all about a Basenji (several hilarious ones in there). You can find it on Amazon and Ebay I believe. Super cool book! 😃

• http://www.basenjiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

lots of books mentioned in that thread

also i've been pleasantly surprised to find basenjis in the following books:

Piers Anthony's The Sahde of the Treee
    Roy Blount Jr's Webster's Ark
    Ruth Rendell's The Copper Pea****
    Birr, et al 's Dogs Best Friend
    Carol Lea Benjamin's This Dog for Hire
    Jill Wylie's Call of the Marsh

• Thank you Michye7994 and agilebasenji. I will definitely check out the books you suggested. And agilebasenji, thanks for letting me know about the previous posts. Teach me for not checking out the forum properly. 😞

• pari1art - you're welcome. and sometimes when you're excited about something, it's easy not to check all the nooks and cranies.

Okay, Renndell's book is the Copper Bird with LARGE tail feathers. Or something like that.

• Hana wags her tail a lot when greeting us, it sort of unrolls out, whips around, curls back up, wiggles and waggles floppily…. I was surprise how much she unrolls it and rolls it back up though, I think depending on her mood. Her happy tail flopping around is the cutest thing ever !!

• @Hana:

Hana wags her tail a lot when greeting us, it sort of unrolls out, whips around, curls back up, wiggles and waggles floppily…. I was surprise how much she unrolls it and rolls it back up though, I think depending on her mood. Her happy tail flopping around is the cutest thing ever !!

That sounds really cute. The more I hear about basenjis the more I think no two are the same. LOL

Suggested Topics